Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Interviews

Options
  • 06-03-2014 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi All,

I would like some advice if anybody on here is in the know. I am thinking of starting a website featuring interviews with top contracted and independent wrestlers. The interviews would be available to fans to read for free. I would hope to turn this website in to an actual magazine in the future.

Would wrestlers require to be paid for interviews ? If so can anybody give examples of pay. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi All,

I would like some advice if anybody on here is in the know. I am thinking of starting a website featuring interviews with top contracted and independent wrestlers. The interviews would be available to fans to read for free. I would hope to turn this website in to an actual magazine in the future.

Would wrestlers require to be paid for interviews ? If so can anybody give examples of pay. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

They would almost certainly look for payment. With a lot of guys, time is money so for them to give up their time, they'd expect compensation.

Even the independent guys, as they won't be earning the top dollar some of the contracted guys would be, so they will try to make money wherever possible.

Wrestlers are notorious when it comes to making money

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi All,

I recall a few weeks ago you were planning on setting up a meet and greet business as well. My advice is focus on one avenue first and give that all of your attention.

They undoubtly go hand in hand but make sure you fully get the first going before you even market research the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

@gerrybbadd, Thanks for the advice, id take it payment would vary from wrestler to wrestler ?

@loughc, you are right i was looking for advice re: meet and greet events a few weeks ago. Im looking in to various ideas before i decide on one ide. Thanks for taken the the time to reply on here.

If i go ahead with the interviews idea, any ideas how best to conduct long distance/oversea interviews? May be voip, email or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

If i go ahead with the interviews idea, any ideas how best to conduct long distance/oversea interviews? May be voip, email or whatever.

Make it as easy as possible for them to conduct the interview with you as hassle free quick interviews won't deter them in any way and they are likely to do it quicker. Imo set up every social medium possible viber,twitter,what's app, facebook, e-mail or skype whatever works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm sure payment would vary from guy to guy buddy. Some may even do it for free, (perhaps!). I wish you luck though, I wouldnt even know the first step in contacting some of these lads for interviews!

• Advertisement
Advertisement