Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest HL Project Maths Strands (HL)

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just out of curiousity, what would you consider to be easiest sections of the higher level maths course for picking up marks.. another way of putting it would be if you were short for time, what sections would you focus on most?

I'm giving someone a hand out studying for it. I did engineering for my bachelors degree so I'm well versed in pretty much everything on it, bar probability and stats, which I'm doing a bit of in my masters this year. Probability and Stats sounds easy enough but I could be wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Probability is tough at the beginning but not overly difficult after lots of practice. Statistics however can be very easy to gain good marks on. As well as stats, functions on p1 is also manageable enough.

Logs, financial maths and other long questions can be challenging (very!) but are favoured to appear on the papers. Although they are not easy, it could be worth investing some time in those areas.

For stats know all definitions as well as the theorems/constructions on paper 2 which may come up.

Best of luck to both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Stats are the easiest in my opinion, followed by probability. That may be because I find probability very interesting which isn't the case with things such as De Moivre's theorem.

Overall, P2 is probably easier I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I find probability the easiest to pick up marks, probably followed by financial maths (with practice).

Advertisement