Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning/Replacing Micro USB Port

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I got sick beside my Moto G and although everything was working fine some sick got inside the USB port and my phone no longer charges. I got most of the gunk out using a toothpick and then did a quick clean with cotton wool and alcohol but it's still not charging. Now I'm a bit worried that I may have damaged the battery with the alcohol as the battery is non removable.

Is there anyway I can find out if the battery is definitely working? Is it alright to clean the port properly with alcohol or are the any better ways? And if I do need to get the port replaced does anyone have any idea how much it would cost?

Any help would be greately appreciated as the Moto G is a really great phone and I would be unable to afford a new one. Ruining my phone like this is pretty devastating haha.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The Moto G is water resistant right? Unless maybe the acidity had something to do with it.

If you're feeling brave you could disassemble it down to see if there are any parts that need to be cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

before you go mad opening the phone, use a toothbrush first and give the usb pins a good scrubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I doubt you wrecked it tbh, the moto g can be temperamental when the battery goes low to empty, Plug the phone in hold the power button Down for approx 2 min then just leave it yo charge , then try power it up. Google it there's a few methods to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 arsenalfh

projectgtr wrote: »
    I doubt you wrecked it tbh, the moto g can be temperamental when the battery goes low to empty, Plug the phone in hold the power button Down for approx 2 min then just leave it yo charge , then try power it up. Google it there's a few methods to sort it.

Yeah I tried a more powerful charger and held the power button for a couple of minutes but still no sign of recovery. Seems a lot of people have had trouble with this phone once it goes dead which I was unaware of. I'll keep looking around and hopefully I'll get it working.

Thanks

arsenalfh wrote: »
    Yeah I tried a more powerful charger and held the power button for a couple of minutes but still no sign of recovery. Seems a lot of people have had trouble with this phone once it goes dead which I was unaware of. I'll keep looking around and hopefully I'll get it working.

Thanks

Give XDA a look, theres a few methods to get it to boot i seem to remember the freezer being used, il see if i can dig the thread up

• Advertisement

Quick one the charger your using what is the A rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 arsenalfh

First charger was 1A and then I tried using a 2A charger. I'll give XDA a look, thanks very much again.

Advertisement