Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Smackdown results for Friday 07/03 (Spoilers)

Options
  • 05-03-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

WWE SmackDown (Airing Friday):

WWE taped this week's episode of SmackDown from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. Here are spoiler results:

* Batista kicks off the show to cut a promo. Daniel Bryan interrupts him and eventually Kane comes out and beats down Bryan. Big Show makes the save. Vickie Guerrero comes out and sets up tonight's tag team main event: Batista and Kane vs. Daniel Byran and Big Show.

* Christian defeated. Dolph Ziggler , Alberto Del Rio was on commentary and distracted Ziggler, allowing Christian to get the win.

* The Usos defeated Rybaxel.

* Eva Marie and Natalya defeated AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka when Natalya made AJ tap out with a Sharpshooter.

* The Shield came out and cut a promo about how they need to get back on the same page. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose end up getting into a scuffle before they all make up and reunite.

* Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio with a Brogue Kick.

* Big E defeated Jack Swagger. They teased more tension between Swagger and Cesaro.

* Another promo from Lana and Alexander Rusev.

* Daniel Bryan and Big Show come out before the main event and say they've picked a name for their team: “Respect The Beard, Fear The Giant.” Bryan and Big Show defeated Batista and Kane after Big Show hit The Big Red Montster with a Knockout punch and Bryan rolled him up for the pin. SmackDown ends with Bryan leading a “Yes!” chant while sitting on Show’s shoulders.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There's lots of conflicting accounts on The Shield segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »

Ohhh like what Rovert, thats the only one Ive read myself

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »

What have you heard?

I read from another source that Ambrose and Rollins came to blows but made peace by the end of the segment much like this report has.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ohhh like what Rovert, thats the only one Ive read myself

Whether they made peace or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ah jaysus, did they learn nothing from the last time Show aligned with Bryan?

****ing hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sheamus v Alberto Del Rio?

Just make it stop, seriously who needs to see this match again????:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Sheamus v Alberto Del Rio?

Just make it stop, seriously who needs to see this match again????:(

They need to mix things up, I would have had Del Rio face Kofi and Sheamus face Christian....

Or I'd use Smackdown to make more stars especially for the mid-card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What happened the Rhodes brothers feud? They seem to have disappeared since dropping the tag titles to the horrible NAO.

Big Show is back HORRAY! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anyone been feed to Alexander Rusev yet? Has he has a debut match on Raw or SD?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has anyone been feed to Alexander Rusev yet? Has he has a debut match on Raw or SD?

Just Xavier Woods on NXT in recent weeks and Zack Ryder in a dark match. He looked ready to go at the Rumble, I think it would be best to hold off on him Until after WM, as people tend to get lost in the shuffle.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Big Show is back HORRAY! :rolleyes:

They actually advertised it on Main Event last night as some kind of big deal :P

They actually advertised it on Main Event last night as some kind of big deal :P

A word of warning more likely.
    Smackdown really is for the most commited WWE Viewer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sheamus is going down the del rio road with his current booking, not good,

He is far better than what they are giving him. Its a pity they didn't put him against Cesaro or put him and wade in a feud

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sheamus seems to be in limbo at the moment. He's getting decent reactions but his character is so stale.

A heel turn would open up so many possibilities for him. I'm hoping that after Mania, assuming Cesaro and Reigns turn, that this will allow Sheamus to get a run as heel again.

It is disappointing though that after he returned at the Rumble it seems they have no idea what to do with him. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they put him with Rusev at Mania and had Rusev go over. At least it would be something a bit different.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    They need to mix things up, I would have had Del Rio face Kofi and Sheamus face Christian....

Or I'd use Smackdown to make more stars especially for the mid-card.

As they have wrestled so often why not let Del Rio win for a change? We know they will be wrestling next week so at least put some heat on it, Adr did pin Batista last week ffs:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah Sheamus has been lost in the shuffle.

I think a heel turn is definitely coming.

Maybe they're waiting for Fergal to debut :pac:

The Shield did a segment. It started with Ambrose & Reigns out, but no Rollins. Ambrose cut a promo on Rollins for walking out on them on Raw. He questioned whether Rollins was a team player. Rollins then came out and said he did what he did for the good of The Shield. Ambrose didn't like that, and slapped him. Rollins said he hoped that made Ambrose feel better and he was going to give Ambrose one free shot, and that was it. Rollins then gave a speech that he was with them and when the segment ended, they all vowed that they were on the same page. The crowd cheered when they vowed to remain a unit.

Gas

They are well over as faces now though. Love it when the fans join in with Reigns when he does that howl? Guess thats what you'd call it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon Sheamus got screwed over by Punk's leaving. Pretty much all the reports had Triple H vs Punk and Bryan vs Sheamus. With Punk gone, Bryan got moved to Triple H and Sheamus has been left with nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, did they learn nothing from the last time Show aligned with Bryan?

****ing hell.

Show to take Bryan's spot and face HHH at Wrstlemania while Bryan is relegated to the preshow or the panel. Or the Preshow panel.

• Advertisement

Batista looked awful again in the ring tonight!

Batista looked awful again in the ring tonight!

No shock his ring work has been abysmal since he returned. Even in the Rumble match he gassed fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I wish they would stop calling his shoulder charge a spear, hes a disgrace.

This show was a Smackdown.

Thought was interesting that WWE let Daniel Bryan be the aggressor in the verbal insult front with him taking shots at Batista's skinny jeans, sunglasses indoors, belly button tattoos etc.

Advertisement