Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 18 Month Smart20 contract, Upgrade time(How screwed am I?)

Options
  • 05-03-2014 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Title Says it, my 18 month contract with Meteor came to an end there on Monday, I am eligible for an "Upgrade" I was looking at the S4, I have an S3, I have not been through this and have been reading some horror stories on forums and the like, anyone have any idea what kind of deal I will be offered if I ask to avail of their upgrade?.

I really don't want to trade in my S3 either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

try carphone warehouse first. then try meteor. both will be looking for your business so see if you can get the better deal.
    personally i am never signing up again for another contract, going the sim free - new phone route every time. the phone is going to cost me around 200 euros and the sim deal is with tesco 15 euros for 8 months and the other 4 will be 5 euros when i get my clubcard vouchers, for that i get unlimited calls and texts and 1gb of data.
    thats just my personal preference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

First of all, don't get an S4, there's really no point.

Best thing to do when upgrading is to skip a generation to make sure you're getting a proper upgrade. Also keep in mind the S5 is only a few weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

You can check the cost of upgrades of the meteor site.

Advertisement