Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Returns Worry/P60

Options
  • 05-03-2014 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

This is my situation:

I spent Summer of 2012 working 40 hours a week @ 10 euro an hour. I got emergency taxed while there as the depot manager hadn't a clue about that sort of stuff until the last 2 weeks I worked there.

I left that job and got a part time job in november at the weekends with a retail chain. Varied hours, most of it emergency taxed @ 9 euro an hour.

While there I asked the Revenue Office was I owed money back from them and they said "Yes. It will be given in my next wages from the company". Happy days I thought.
    Christmas passed. Nothing. I asked my manager who told me I had to wait on my P60. They were late out because the payroll company for the company ran out of England.

Two weeks ago, I had to leave that part time because I have end of year exams and then an Internship.
    I have emailed that manager since, outlining that if the payroll company didnt send out my P60 soon they were breaking the law; as there was a deadline to when a company had to send it out.
    She told me that she emailed them and would let me know.
    STILL NOTHING!!
    I emailed her again this evening outlining the breaking of the law and my frustration.

What do I do from here?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just call revenue.
    There's should not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RonanH92

But Revenue told me before that the company should pay me out and then the company said the opposite. Who am I to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You are not with the company now.
    Do you have pay slips from them? P45?
    Ring revenue and explain what you have said here. You can request a balancing statement I think which will show how much you have over paid.
    I'm no tax expert, I've just got tax back the odd time. Wait for some further opinions here.

Fair point!!
    I have pay slips from them yes but their P45 has not arrived and I don't think it will considering my P60 never came.
    The manager herself said that the payroll company are laxidasical at best. Like that is sayin something!

I'm gonna give the Revenue a ring in the morning and see what they make of it.

I'll keep ya posted

Update today: Found out I need all the P60's from all my jobs last year which is 4 jobs -.-
    Then send them off to an address in Rosslare Harbour for them to go over it.

Oh and the P60 (magically) arrived in my last job today hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

RonanH92 wrote: »
    Update today: Found out I need all the P60's from all my jobs last year which is 4 jobs -.-
    Then send them off to an address in Rosslare Harbour for them to go over it.

Oh and the P60s (magically) arrived in my last job today hahaha

You won't have 4 P60s, unless you had4 jobs at the end of the year.

When you finish in a job you get a P45, you only get a P60 when you're still employed at year end.

Oh sorry I meant to say the P60 for my last job arrived today.

So what do I do to prove what I earned in the other 3 jobs in 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Oh sorry I meant to say the P60 for my last job arrived today.

So what do I do to prove what I earned in the other 3 jobs in 2013?

Did you not get p45s when you finished those other jobs in 2013? Did Revenue have any pay and tax details for any of your jobs at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just from my own experience, I filed for tax returns last year for the previous 3 years- and visited the local revenue office with no idea how much detail they wanted on forms- the staff was very helpful and didn't request p60's or anything, they can get them themselves once the basic info on the form was filled out ( just name address and doctor/ prescription costs and year of claim) after that they had access to the information themselves- didn't need p60's for each year etc at all this coming from someone who isn't too knowledgeable regarding taxes etc.

Also, you can get access to your p60's etc online through is it paye anytime-I think, and once you register first they send out a pin number.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Just from my own experience, I filed for tax returns last year for the previous 3 years- and visited the local revenue office with no idea how much detail they wanted on forms- the staff was very helpful and didn't request p60's or anything, they can get them themselves once the basic info on the form was filled out ( just name address and doctor/ prescription costs and year of claim) after that they had access to the information themselves- didn't need p60's for each year etc at all this coming from someone who isn't too knowledgeable regarding taxes etc.

Also, you can get access to your p60's etc online through is it paye anytime-I think, and once you register first they send out a pin number.

So if I'm taking what you are saying correctly, all I have to do is go to the tax office with the current P60 and ask about all my previous job p45 that they should know about.
    Did you not get p45s when you finished those other jobs in 2013? Did Revenue have any pay and tax details for any of your jobs at all?

I got P45s out of all my jobs but they were given to the next company in line so I have none of them.
    So the Revenue should have all records on me right up to my last job from what I am gathering here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

So if I'm taking what you are saying correctly, all I have to do is go to the tax office with the current P60 and ask about all my previous job p45 that they should know about.

I got P45s out of all my jobs but they were given to the next company in line so I have none of them.
    So the Revenue should have all records on me right up to my last job from what I am gathering here

Yes - when previous employers issued you with a P45 they would have forwarded the same details to Revenue

Yes - when previous employers issued you with a P45 they would have forwarded the same details to Revenue

Grand so. All I need to do then is send the P60 from my last job along with a letter outlining that I want them to check all my jobs for 2013 for tax they owe me back.
    Gonna send that out now and let you know if it is sorted from there

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

You should also register for I think it is paye anytime (some of the more tax / revenue savvy can correct me) but you can view your p60's etc online then yourself. Similiar to banking 365 they will send you out a numerical pin in the post to access it.

Maybe I am getting mixed up, but when I was claiming back for tax for the previous few years, I was told by revenue all they really needed was my name and details, and the figures for medication, etc, that they have access to the p60's etc themselves.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    You should also register for I think it is paye anytime (some of the more tax / revenue savvy can correct me) but you can view your p60's etc online then yourself. Similiar to banking 365 they will send you out a numerical pin in the post to access it.

Believe it or not, I actually just signed up for that and they are sending my PIN out in the post :)

Advertisement