Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter installation

Options
  • 04-03-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed that the pilar outside me house has been damaged and I think I happened when the water meters were being installed. They had mini diggers out on the path to dig up the areas and there are track marks all around in front of the pilar. Do you think they would they tell me to piss off if I called them up demanding them to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

Contact them and maybe tell the guards, it's damage that you shouldn't have to pay for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I'd say you're at nothing if you've no proof. They won't entertain you.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Hi hope im not in the wrong forum but just wondering can i adjust the new water meter (turn water on/off). Irish water left water pressure too high, cold taps are making noise when turned on fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,330 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you can adjust the stop cock which is independent of the meter. this will only affect your cold fresh water supply . it shouldn't affect, bathrooms taps, showers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Get lots of pics of everything, tracks, damage etc and start following up with them.
    If they don't play ball then escalate to the local council who are currently responsable for the water supply and show them the evidence that you have.
    A mate at work had a similar issue where these tossers damaged the water pipes on his property resulting in a large leak that the contractors refused to acknowledge. Escalated to the council who did acknowledge that there were many instances of damage and complaints and came out and sorted the leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

OP, this isn't really the place to be looking for legal advice. I suggest you take it up with the council.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement