Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campers on higher Tiers

Options
  • 04-03-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Im usually on tier 7/8 matches but it still amazes me that some teams just sit back and camp and then get all pissy being killed off one by one, this is both on premium and standard tanks. Has anyone else experienced this? This month was bad and yesterday was just amazing, on the South Coast map, it was myself and 3 other tanks decided to go for the enemy's flag the rest just sat there and got killed.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

South Coast always seems to encourage campers, it used to be even worse.

But the average player is just terrible at every level. Wait until you see tier 10s who don't understand their side isn't their strongest armour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My favorite still is the Maus sitting behind our arties; that was over a year ago and the player base has not gotten better since...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

How about the times when camping is a legitimate (and smart) tactic? Confrontation Mode, us Russian versus their team full of German TDs. "Defend", I say. "Make them attack, it puts their Waffentragers at a disadvantage". They advanced into the firing lines and died :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

nothing worse than your top tiered player in a tier 10 tank having a win rate of like 45%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

We had a t54 last night that camped back at base, not even that, back at the red line behind the base. He had a 42% win rate and he was our top tier tank. WN8 of around 350 iirc. He had over 1000 battles in the t54 and still had not bought a t62a, maybe not unlocked yet .....
    I've said it before, if they have a low % win rate they are actively reducing your chances of winning the match because they are not contributing while the enemies top tanks ARE invariably contributing A LOT. In this case the moron was the last of our team that was killed, he had fired 3 shots with one hit no damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Shams wrote: »
    Im usually on tier 7/8 matches but it still amazes me that some teams just sit back and camp and then get all pissy being killed off one by one, this is both on premium and standard tanks. Has anyone else experienced this? This month was bad and yesterday was just amazing, on the South Coast map, it was myself and 3 other tanks decided to go for the enemy's flag the rest just sat there and got killed.

Don't ever assume high tier equals knowledge about how to use that tank. The player base pretty much tops out ability wise around tier 5 or 6 and doesn't improve much past that. Due to the way the system works there's really no barrier to very poor players reaching high tiers due to the non-existence of any kind of ladder or league system and very poor players seem to love playing their high tiers because, you know, bigger booms! (And they can blame stupid deaths on unicums on the opposing team or something).

I know far too many players like this. :(

Advertisement