Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap games made good

Options
  • 04-03-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭

What are the games that were on release utter pish and with updates and patches went onto totally transform the original game?, I'm not including playable betas in this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Skerries wrote: »
    What are the games that were on release utter pish and with updates and patches went onto totally transform the original game?, I'm not including playable betas in this.

Divinity 2 comes to mind. The original version was glitchy and poor. Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga was then released which included an expansion. It was a huge improvement over the previous version. Most of the bugs were fixed and the expansion completed the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Diablo 3 wasn't "total pish" as you put it. It was a decent game with some major issues that ruined endgame completely by making it all about gold farm....which wasn't fun at all. Diablo is supposed to be about killing critters for amazing loot, yo! :p

It's all been sorted out with the massive update that came in the last couple of weeks in preparation for the new expansion pack. It's a much better game now and more akin to the diablo 2 experience most of us loved. I'm back playing it and enjoying it quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Divinity 2 comes to mind. The original version was glitchy and poor. Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga was then released which included an expansion. It was a huge improvement over the previous version. Most of the bugs were fixed and the expansion completed the story.

actually I have the dragon knight saga but also a developers cut version as well, do you know which is the final complete versin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I didn't buy it, but apparently Bayonetta was at least playable on the PS3 after a patch. Prior to that is was completely broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I suppose Battlefield 4 could qualify for this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Skerries wrote: »
    actually I have the dragon knight saga but also a developers cut version as well, do you know which is the final complete versin?

Cool, I've never come across the developer's cut version so I've no idea. Does the developer's cut have the City expansion at the end?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Has Colonial Marines gotten any better with patching or is it still tripe?
    It's as cheap as chips now and most opinion in reviews seem to be formed on the basic, unpatched launch code.
    Just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Arma 2.
    Complete trash and completely unplayable. I was so disappointed as I was a huge fan of Operation: Flashpoint. Now it is one of the greats and has a variety of game modes, matched only by Garry's Mod made by the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Battlefield 4 is a joke.downloading latest update it better fix it.only game I've put hours into on ps4 and I getting sick of it already because of issues.probably qualify after this patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's as cheap as chips now and most opinion in reviews seem to be formed on the basic, unpatched launch code.
    Just wondering

I got it recently for €2.50 after the several gigabyte in size patches were released, under the impression that it would be majorly improved.

It's still **** and not worth getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 2.
    Complete trash and completely unplayable. I was so disappointed as I was a huge fan of Operation: Flashpoint. Now it is one of the greats and has a variety of game modes, matched only by Garry's Mod made by the community.

I disagree with everything you posted :) 2 was perfectly playable with the right mission from the get go, it was improved by over 300 patches but still very playable from the beginning.

I would agree with if your said Arma 3 but that was a alpha access game so expected to be nearly working at release, still waiting on release :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just wondering

It's playable. A lot (not all) of the glitches and bugs are fixed, though the Xenomorphs still move very roughly and their tails often protrude through the walkways when they're suppose to be crawling beneath it.

Aliens: CM biggest problem was never the bugs. It's that it was an uninspired, run of the miss COD clone. For a game set in such a rich universe, it was incredibly generic and that's something no amount of patches will fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Fallout 3 was a no-go on PS3 for the best part of a year until they patched (almost) all of the bugs. Great game when fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hydrophobia is one that comes to mind, wasn't it pulled after release and reissued as a fixed 1.5 version :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not that it was bad in anyway....but it has constantly been improved and made better. Team Fortress 2 (except for the hats)
    But the addition of maps, gametypes, community events etc...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Witcher comes to mind. Vastly improved since its launch.

Unreal Tournament 3 was another one. I remember logging in for the first time and and feeling empty inside on launch day. A year later it was a different beast and felt like the UT of yesteryear.

Advertisement