Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Mortgage? Broker or Bank direct?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I'm self employed for the last 8 months and have work guaranteed for the next 10 at least. I'm in pharmaceuticals so thankfully things are busy. I also have a (for my purposes) large deposit saved (possibly 50% of house price).

I'm living in Dublin and want to buy in a different city (home city).

a. -Does it matter which bank I go to for my mortgage location wise?
    b. -How do I search the best rates?
    c. -If one bank 'offers' me a mortgage does that mean they all will?
    d. -Is a broker an option to save money and has anyone dealt with a good broker?

Any advise is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm self employed for the last 8 months and have work guaranteed for the next 10 at least. I'm in pharmaceuticals so thankfully things are busy. I also have a (for my purposes) large deposit saved (possibly 50% of house price).

I'm living in Dublin and want to buy in a different city (home city).

a. -Does it matter which bank I go to for my mortgage location wise?
    b. -How do I search the best rates?
    c. -If one bank 'offers' me a mortgage does that mean they all will?
    d. -Is a broker an option to save money and has anyone dealt with a good broker?

Any advise is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bill.

Try a site like bonkers to see all rates available. http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-mortgages/
    Some banks like BOI do not deal with brokers so you will have to apply directly if interested in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Good luck with your hunt, previous boardie on the money - check bonkers for rates

I'd try a few brokers ( they don't all deal with same lenders- find out who they deal with)

The relationship a broker has with a lender can get you over the line

Expect they will want more than 8 months self-employed (some want 2 years)

But if you don't ask you won't get

all the best

Advertisement