Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Glass Repair

Options
  • 04-03-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

HI folks,

Save me going around to the various foreign owned phone shops in the city. Has anyone had the glass (glass only, digitizer is fine) replaced on a Samsung S3?
    Cracked mine and would like it repaired as cheaply as possible because I will be changing it within next 3 months.
    Any experience with cost/ quality in any of the shops?

Thanks
    irish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Dont think you can get just the glass repaired on an s3. Got mine done in Foxes Bow and cost me 170Eu as far as I remember. Was broken again a couple of weeks later.. not sure if that was quality of new screen or me dropping it...but there you go.

If anyone knows somewhere to get it done cheaper I'd also be interested to know as I might as well get the one I have fixed and sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks VKid, I see loads of videos online regarding doing glass only.
    This company in Galway also do glass for just €69 hence I am trying to find one in Limerick

Thanks
    irish

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It is possible to buy the glass only but it is an absolute bitch of a job to replace.
    The lens needs to be delaminated from the Screen + digitizer, which is a time consuming and delicate job.
    And usually leads to one of the digitizer/screen being damaged meaning a replacement screen in any case.
    For that reason any of the shops I know of offering repairs for S3 in Limerick tend to replace the whole Lens/Digitizer/Screen to save the time and hassle of the single part replacement.

Thanks VKid, I see loads of videos online regarding doing glass only.
    This company in Galway also do glass for just €69 hence I am trying to find one in Limerick

Thanks
    irish

Would nearly worth a spin to Galway for that price. How do you know if its just the glass. Mine is badly cracked but phone works perfectly.

I suppose the fact that everything works fine? Don't quote me on that but I would assume any further damage would mean something isn;t working.

Mine is like that, badly cracked but everything works as normal.
    If no responses with additional info comes here (Although Banie's is pretty insightful to the job) then I will price a couple of them this weekend and report back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

http://www.iqfix.ie/

Raheen based, cheap for a new screen, good bunch of guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Used these guys, absolutely unreal service. Came to my work to collect the phone and all and drop it back.

Ill ring them Monday to price them.
    Thanks for the advice.
    As promised, i had some spare time today so did some pricing.
    Tge place across from boots on william street can only replace the digitizer and screen - €130

The place up on wickham street across from the cigarette shop same story. €130

The place up from rashers bar across from patsy nicholas bar can do the screen job and can do it for €70

I dont know any other places.
    I will chance badboyblast recommendation on Monday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Only seem to fix iPhone screens though.

Edit: Mailed to ask about fixing an s4 screen. They are far from cheap, in fact they are the most expensive I've found in Limerick.

Only seem to fix iPhone screens though.

Edit: Mailed to ask about fixing an s4 screen. They are far from cheap, in fact they are the most expensive I've found in Limerick.

Ok, saves me ringing them so.
    Back to square one it seems :-(

• Advertisement

Ill ring them Monday to price them.
    Thanks for the advice.
    As promised, i had some spare time today so did some pricing.
    Tge place across from boots on william street can only replace the digitizer and screen - €130

The place up on wickham street across from the cigarette shop same story. €130

The place up from rashers bar across from patsy nicholas bar can do the screen job and can do it for €70

I dont know any other places.
    I will chance badboyblast recommendation on Monday

Thanks for checking dude. where is the last place..not sure where those pubs are

If you go up William Street to the junction where the fish shop is, take a right there at PTSB and it is along the road there on your right. It is a black coloured shop with the usual flashing lights etc saying PC and TV, Mobile phone repairs. I might send you a PM there, I know another guy looking to have an S3 screen replaced too so we might be able to get him down to €60 if the business is there for three phones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

If you go up William Street to the junction where the fish shop is, take a right there at PTSB and it is along the road there on your right. It is a black coloured shop with the usual flashing lights etc saying PC and TV, Mobile phone repairs. I might send you a PM there, I know another guy looking to have an S3 screen replaced too so we might be able to get him down to €60 if the business is there for three phones

Tell him I need an s4 done too :)

Advertisement