Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic insulation Rockwool RW 3

Options
  • 04-03-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Is anybody here ever used some Rockwool RW 3 ?

It seems to be quite rigid, and therefore will be hard to fit properly between studs.
    ( the width of the batt is 600mm , the timber studs are 3' x 2', 600mm center, so there is a hole of 550mm to 560 mm to fill up )

Any experience with the RW3 between studs , good or bad ? Did you have to cut it or did it squeeze enough to fit properly ?

Thanks, wink.png

Bertie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Pack an cut

This is my front wall....

1514975_689375034436419_1750066621_n_zps4da1cca2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

It's easy enough to work with. The very thing that makes it good for the acoustic job (it's rigidity) is the same thing that makes it easy to work with.

You can just saw it roughly the right size and squeeze it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

any ideas where you get this stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Thermal King in Blanc.. or if you need a lorry load go to Build4Less. I got a 100 bales from Build4less last autumn and it could not have been easier. 3 days later a truck arrives at your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

I got mine with Insulation Distributors in Dublin.

After trying a piece, yes, you definitively need to cut one of the long edge if use with timber frame.

It won't squeeze as would do other products like the Flexi Batts from Rockwool, for exemple.

And yes, it's fairly rigid, I don't see it sagging at all...

Thanks to everybody for your useful answers, here or in PM.

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement