Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the price difference?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

HI All,
    I am in the market for a contractor-type saw - with a budget somewhere below 1200. I am considering the AxminsterAW10BSB2, with the extension-kit. These carry a 180GBP delivery charge and are (just) still in budget.

An alternative is the SIP 01332 which is available in Ireland from McQuillan's or ioDepot

Any (other?) recommendations? Any idea why there is a 200Euro price difference in the SIP saw from the two Irish retailers - has anybody used ioDepot?

Cheers,

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Choices, choices - there must be hundreds of tablesaws out there.
    For cutting down 8x4 sheets an extension table is a must but for converting smaller panels a sliding table is great. All table saws take up a lot of room.
    I think that saw from Axminster is a rebranded scheppach - which is no harm.
    Sip products come out of some factory in the 'far east' so I'd go with Axminster every time for backup - you can buy accessories when funds allow.
    As for pricing - the celtic tiger isn't fully dead yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

The Carpentry Store in Naas or Ronaynes in Thurles carry the Axminster range. They may be able to put that saw in with an order and save on shipping.

Advertisement