Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new wallet

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Anybody got a bellroy wallet? On the look out for a new wallet and just saw an ad here for them. This one looks good I reckon but would like to hear from people who have one before dropping €80 on one

http://bellroy.com/wallets/note-sleeve-wallet#tan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

TBH the leather looks like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I got me one of these:

http://wurkinstiffs.com/hs12012-green.html

And absolutely love it, although the €50 notes are a bit to big and stick out the top - but it's not a problem i have too much......
    It's slim-line so i have to clear out a lot of rubbish, but it's RFID which was a big plus for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

What exactly is the advantage of an RFID wallet? What are you carrying in there that can be 'read'?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Cyclepath wrote: »
    What exactly is the advantage of an RFID wallet? What are you carrying in there that can be 'read'?

The new Visa Debit NFC cards work off RFID tech. They only challenge for a Pin for transactions over 10/15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Seriously?

Cyclepath wrote: »
    Prevents third-parties from surreptitiously reading the cards for tracking purposes.

Much like US shopping centers are using your phone wifi to tracking shopper movements (we have it off when we're not using it) rfid cards could also be used for profiling. A bit like that texas school which makes students wear rfid badges to monitor them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Seriously? wrote: »
    Prevents third-parties from surreptitiously reading the cards for tracking purposes.

Much like US shopping centers are using your phone wifi to tracking shopper movements (we have it off when we're not using it) rfid cards could also be used for profiling. A bit like that texas school which makes students wear rfid badges to monitor them.

The nature of RFID, the device to read'em, needs to be right up close to'em within few inches and programmed for the cardtype. So there's no point in using them to monitor peoples movement, without them all using the same RFID card and a device setup for them to scan with.

It depends on the card and the reader, the range is further than you may believe.

http://www.bishopfox.com/resources/tools/rfid-hacking/attack-tools/

I've read elsewhere of ranges near the 30 feet mark.

Mods: If those sort of links aren't allowed here please delete.

Well, it seems a lot would depend on how far that type of device can power a card from.

But the main use of the RFID blocker on the wallet, would be the interfere with a signal when someone tries to knock into you, with a device against the wallet.

agreed, there are easier ways to track people than needing to snoop the contents on their wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

€85 for a wallet?
    That's more than I'd ever have in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

821c3d36d49190f1c0f63eddbdf42ce5_large.JPG?1363463216

Heres my one

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

OK, c'mon, where did you get it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Advertisement