Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINIS Paddles

Options
  • 03-03-2014 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

I used a set of FINIS Agility Paddles tonight for the first time- they seemed superb for correcting a catch and pull, in that the only seem to work when the stroke is right. Does anyone else use them, and if so what volume would you recommend a paddle beginner does with them? (I'm wary of overuse injuries). Should they always be used in conjunction with a pull bouy?

While I'm here, I also used a set of FINIS PT Paddles (anti-paddles). Did 100m for the first time with them, then a straight 100m swim. Holy mackerel, do they make a difference to your forearm catch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    I used a set of FINIS Agility Paddles tonight for the first time- they seemed superb for correcting a catch and pull, in that the only seem to work when the stroke is right. Does anyone else use them, and if so what volume would you recommend a paddle beginner does with them? (I'm wary of overuse injuries). Should they always be used in conjunction with a pull bouy?

While I'm here, I also used a set of FINIS PT Paddles (anti-paddles). Did 100m for the first time with them, then a straight 100m swim. Holy mackerel, do they make a difference to your forearm catch!

i have the PTs a while and yeah i remember the first time i used them, it felt like someone had cut my hands off they're superb. i can swim way better with them now so they appear to be improving catch.

i would use paddles very lightly if you're new to them. they can be severe on the shoulders, last thing your need is shoulder problems. i would use them with pull buoy or fins to allow you really focus on hand position. i do a set 200m with pts then straight into paddles for 200m. the feel is gives is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Seems those PT paddles are hard to come by these days. Finis are not making them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

mad m wrote: »
    Seems those PT paddles are hard to come by these days. Finis are not making them anymore.

surprised at that. a clever concept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

I use the FINIS paddles all the time (as in every swim). I don't use a pull buoy, and normally do say either a 500M with paddles, 5 * 100, or on occasion 10 * 100, in a swim of 2 - 3 k. Sometimes i use them with fins, and sometimes with snorkel. Couldn't recommend a volume to a beginner though. Start small and build up i'd say.

I love them....................and over the course of about 3 months, they've got my stroke count down by about 2 strokes per 25m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

mad m wrote: »

I got mine last weekend in Base2Race, they had quite a few packs (€23). Good advice out there too (€free;)).

Finis are developing a new PT Paddle, apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement