Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**ANIME DUBLIN 2014 - 26TH APRIL - ACADEMY PLAZA HOTEL**

Options
  • 03-03-2014 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Anime Dublin is back for year three! The annual anarchic festival of events, exclusive screenings, panels, workshops and more is set to take place at the Academy Plaza Hotel on Findlater Place, just off O'Connell St in the heart of Dublin.

Recently refurbished and housing an ample sized main room, along with two side rooms for gaming, panels and screenings, the Academy Plaza couldn't be a better spot for A.D. 2014. Doors will be open at 10am and events will run right through until 1am at night with a pub quiz and DJ sets. A special food menu is being prepared for Anime Dublin and will include hot food and Asian style classics, along with hot & cold drinks and plenty of snacks.

Plenty of info will be released in the coming weeks, including news on our bring n buy, gaming tournaments, themed cosplay comp, panels, screenings and lots more.

To get the latest news straight from the horse's mouth, follow Anime Dublin on Facebook and Twitter and bookmark our website.

Online pre-registration is now open - the only guaranteed way of getting a ticket!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I've always been interested in going to one of these events/conventions, the only thing that would put me off is the fact that I'd most likely be going on my own. It's also close enough to exam time, I'm not sure if I'd be able to spare the time to go. I might end up going though, I'll have to wait and see how things pan out ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

You won't be on your own when you get there. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Just to update everyone on the latest happenings (only 2 and a bit weeks to go after all!):
    • Since Anime Dublin is so close to summer this year, we're going with the Welcome to Summer theme for our cosplay and art competitions!
    • By the way, we have an art competition, and the details are on our website
    • We're going to be screening the Irish premiere of a film short called Game Companion. You can check out the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGbX-yyaH_w
    • We'll be hosting a bunch of console and card gaming tournaments, the details of which are being finalised and will be online in the coming days
    • Expect a few RPGs during the day as well
    • Just a sneak peek, Random Select and the Dublin Pokemon League are helping out with our games tournaments
    • Plenty of new party games, prizes and events are in the works and I'd love to say more, but we're literally waiting on the equipment to arrive in Dublin before I can announce anything!
    • As always, we're going to round off the day with a pub quiz and DJ sets until the bar kicks us out, at which point we'll find another bar to also kick us out of

So, yeah, looking to be an awesome weekend! Pre-reg tickets are still available on the website but if that's not doing it for you fret not, tickets will be available on the day :)

For all the latest info keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages, which get regular love and attention from our social meeedjia person :)

hope to see lots of you there!

The short film looks atrocious. Surely there's a wealth of great anime that could be screened in its place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Depends on what licences can be got for a screening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 P.L

G.J. wrote: »
    I've always been interested in going to one of these events/conventions, the only thing that would put me off is the fact that I'd most likely be going on my own.

Exactly this

Quick update - our site now has info on our art and cosplay comps, screenings, games tournaments, a preview of the schedule and more!

You can check it all out here :)

To answer questions above re screenings, in addition to Game Companion we'll be showing 009 Re:Cyborg and Blue Exorcist Movie, along with several shows and assortments of clips, shorts and so on that will be announced next week. The Schedule page on our website has more details.

Less than two weeks to go, tick tock eh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Honestly it's easy to get to talk to people and make new friends at these events, don't' let turning up on your own put you off.

Morag wrote: »
    Honestly it's easy to get to talk to people and make new friends at these events, don't' let turning up on your own put you off.

Totally agree, anime cons are the friendliest events on the planet. You'll make friends in no time just by hanging around and taking part in games and so on. And, if you're up for it we have speed friending on in the morning - like speed dating but a lot more anarchic and fun :)

Advertisement