Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grave Purchase Info

Options
  • 03-03-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Roughly what is the cost of a grave for one person in any of the city's cemeteries.

Which ones if any still have vacancies so to speak.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

pm me for a deal i wont be beaten on price regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

As far as I know you can't buy them in advance anymore, only when you actually need them. no idea what the cost is though

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I have a used one if that would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

ryanf1 wrote: »
    As far as I know you can't buy them in advance anymore, only when you actually need them. no idea what the cost is though

Surely you must be able to at least get an adjoining one? Can families not arrange to be buried together?

While we're on the topic what's the story with funeral pyres? Are they legal? It'd be nice to do something different and mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

jayboi wrote: »
    Surely you must be able to at least get an adjoining one? Can families not arrange to be buried together?

While we're on the topic what's the story with funeral pyres? Are they legal? It'd be nice to do something different and mix it up a bit.
    As far as i'm aware, and im open to correction on this, you can buy a plot where more than one body can be buried. So a husband and wife can be buried in a double plot but this can only be purchased when one of them dies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I thought each plot fits 3 coffins, stacked on top of each other. My family bought 4 plots beside each other to fit 12, my grandmother, grandfather and uncle are in one plot, my Dad is in the plot alongside their remains. That's in Galway so it may be different to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Found some info from Dunlaoghaire co co.
    How much is a new grave?
    New graves in Shanganagh are: €2,900 + interment fee
    New graves in Dean’s Grange are: €16,000 + interment fee
    Not for sale in advance of a death.
    How many coffins can go into a grave?
    Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the amount of coffin burials in a grave. It depends on the type of ground and other factors such as size of coffins etc.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/parks/cemeteries/faq.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I thought it was about €3000 and about €1600 to open the grave for the next person, this would have been 10 years ago.

Some time between then and now it was decided that you couldn't buy a grave in advance.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Price depends on each graveyard and what church the graveyard is attached to., and also if the person buying the plot is living within that parish. 3 years ago a double plot in Ferrybank was costing €650, no idea whether they are still at that price now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Found some info from Dunlaoghaire co co.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/parks/cemeteries/faq.pdf
    €16,000 for a grave! You could get yourself a house for that nearly: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=744680

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Price depends on each graveyard and what church the graveyard is attached to., and also if the person buying the plot is living within that parish. 3 years ago a double plot in Ferrybank was costing €650, no idea whether they are still at that price now though.

It was Ferrybank I was talking about, it must have been the cost of the burial I was posting about, sorry. Thats quite reasonable when you think of how often the grass is cut and how well the graveyard is kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

AdMMM wrote: »
    €16,000 for a grave! You could get yourself a house for that nearly: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=744680

:D I have a grave in Deansgrange, just space left for me but might go for cremation as money is scarce and getting scarcer:(

Advertisement