Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive.

Options
  • 03-03-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello, I have converted my friend's xbox 360 hard drive into an external hard drive and I was wondering what the average price for a 250 gig hard drive would be, so I can sell it for him? It is formatted for a computer and all of that, and i could reformat it for use as an xbox hard drive if necessary. I'm not asking anybody to buy it but if anyone would be potentially interested, could you just tell me about how much you would pay for it? It could be useful if you need extra space for music or as a big memory card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Mitchel wrote: »
    Hello, I have converted my friend's xbox 360 hard drive into an external hard drive and I was wondering what the average price for a 250 gig hard drive would be, so I can sell it for him? It is formatted for a computer and all of that, and i could reformat it for use as an xbox hard drive if necessary. I'm not asking anybody to buy it but if anyone would be potentially interested, could you just tell me about how much you would pay for it? It could be useful if you need extra space for music or as a big memory card

A second hand 250gb hardrive? I'd pay 25 quid tops (as long as it was a 7200rpm)

EDIT: I'd second what Kunst says below, but regarding pricing, after thinking about it I'd revise it down to 15-20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I honestly wouldn't touch a second hand hard drive at all but maybe check on adverts to see what people are selling them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Why is this even in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mitchel

Cheers guys, that's a huge help, my mate got twenty quid for it now, thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

hello evert 1 ...my hard drive had to be reformated it wont work on my media player but will work on the laptop wat can i do to fix this its a iomaga 1tb .. can any 1 help thanks in advance:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

waxer1986 wrote: »
    hello evert 1 ...my hard drive had to be reformated it wont work on my media player but will work on the laptop wat can i do to fix this its a iomaga 1tb .. can any 1 help thanks in advance:)

It was probably formatted as NTFS but your media player might only be able to read FAT formatted drives. You should ask in the Computers and Technology forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

but the hard dribe was workin for the last two years id always turn it off when not using it so how would the happen when i dont use it that much ...now akk me tv shows and docs are gone some mission haha

Advertisement