Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German language summer schools in Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Tut mir leid, hatte mein beitrag im Deutsch! Ich sollte im deutsche forum Deutsche heranziehen! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I did a 2 week language & culture one with goethe in frankfurt last summer. I absolutely loved it. Classes were great, activities were arranged if you wanted them for the afternoons e.g. city tour, top of that giant tower, boat trip, going to see Faust performed
    Learned a lot of german and loved the place, it was a nice holiday as well as learning

most of the students stayed in a hotel but I asked them to arrange the serviced apartment option for me - meant I could cook for myself

Vielen dank, war der goethe-institut-kurs sehr teuer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pconn062 wrote: »
    Vielen dank, war der goethe-institut-kurs sehr teuer?

€ 785 Course without accommodation
    € 1435 Course with single room

"intensive 2 language & culture"
    es lohnt sich, glaub ich

http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/ort/fra/kur/enindex.htm

bluewolf wrote: »
    € 785 Course without accommodation
    € 1435 Course with single room

"intensive 2 language & culture"
    es lohnt sich, glaub ich

http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/ort/fra/kur/enindex.htm

Danke!

• Advertisement

ich bin noch nicht enschieden ob ich im sommer einen urlaub oder kurs in muenchen machen ^^ derzeit gibt es kein c1.2 abendkurs im goethe dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭bambergbike

I did this one myself, years and years ago now but I have positive memories of it:
    https://www.uni-leipzig.de/~interdaf/sommersprachkurs.html
    The classes and lectures were excellent, the excursions were interesting, there was a lot going on in the evenings, and we had projects to crack on with in between all that.

If I were to pick one tomorrow I might go for this one:
    http://www.uni-jena.de/Internationaler_Sommerkurs.html

Jena is one of my favourite towns in Germany. It's not huge, but it's big enough to be interesting and I think they have a decent enough reputation for DaF. I was in the university library there last summer doing some research, and the views of the surrounding hills from the library was really nice. I made a mental note to go back and explore a bit more - I'm based only around 100 miles away, but further exploration was off the menu that particular day because I had already cycled to Weimar the day before and then cycled on to Jena in the morning before getting down to work.

bluewolf wrote: »
    ich bin noch nicht enschieden ob ich im sommer einen urlaub oder kurs in muenchen machen ^^ derzeit gibt es kein c1.2 abendkurs im goethe dublin :(

Der kurs in Munchen oder Berlin ist billiger, zwei wochen Munchen- 1235, und Berlin- 1115.

Ich wohne nicht in Dublin, so kann ich nicht abendkurs im Goethe machen. :(

(Tut mir leid, meine grammatik schwer ist!).

I did this one myself, years and years ago now but I have positive memories of it:
    https://www.uni-leipzig.de/~interdaf/sommersprachkurs.html
    The classes and lectures were excellent, the excursions were interesting, there was a lot going on in the evenings, and we had projects to crack on with in between all that.

If I were to pick one tomorrow I might go for this one:
    http://www.uni-jena.de/Internationaler_Sommerkurs.html

Jena is one of my favourite towns in Germany. It's not huge, but it's big enough to be interesting and I think they have a decent enough reputation for DaF. I was in the university library there last summer doing some research, and the views of the surrounding hills from the library was really nice. I made a mental note to go back and explore a bit more - I'm based only around 100 miles away, but further exploration was off the menu that particular day because I had already cycled to Weimar the day before and then cycled on to Jena in the morning before getting down to work.

Thanks for that, never thought of Leipzig or the other place, I suppose I was just looking at places that Ryanair/Aer Lingus fly to! :pac:

pconn062 wrote: »
    Der kurs in Munchen oder Berlin ist billiger, zwei wochen Munchen- 1235, und Berlin- 1115.

Ich wohne nicht in Dublin, so kann ich nicht abendkurs im Goethe machen. :(

Huh, du hast recht. Ich dachte dass muenchen teurer war :confused:
    More comfortable accommodation can also be booked, for example with our partner hotel in Munich, the Hotel Mirabell. Simply enter the booking code goethe along with your credit card number when making your online reservation. This code is valid only if you are registered for a course at the Goethe-Institut.
    vielleicht hab ich nur hotel mirabell gesehen ^^

Ich war einmal in berlin, es war schoen, aber ich wuerde gern irgendwo neu sehen!
    Ich fuehle mich heute zu faul, grossbuchstaben zu schreiben :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭bambergbike

Both places are on the high-speed train line from Berlin to Munich, so the logistics aren't too horrendous. Not worth doing for a long weekend, but bearable for a longer stay.

Ich buchte meinen kurs, mit dem Goethe-Institut in Berlin! Ich gehe im August, vielen dank fur ihre hilfe. :)

Toll :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sm1233

How much progress would one usually make on a 4 week course (with Goethe for example)? For example, if I started with B1 or B2 would I make it to C1?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

I went to the Goethe Institut for 2 4 week courses in Berlin, they were two of the best Summers I have ever had! Berlin is cheap enough, stay out of the real tourist areas and you'll be fine money wise. Get a Monatskarte for the U-Bahn, you'll use it a lot and save a lot of money. As for jumping between B1 to B2...it would be worth asking your teachers at the start of the course. The first day you go to the course you are level tested. Firstly you do a written test, it starts off easy but gets progressively harder. It's a multiple choice test, filling in the gaps. You go as far as you can with it. Then, they correct that and give you a letter to respond to at the level they think you are at. After that you do an "oral exam", the examiner corrects your letter, talks you through your mistakes if any and then allocates a class suited to you. The courses are great, you use either Aspekte (B1 up) or Mittelpunkt (C1 up) as your course book, but in a 4 week course you only really get 4 chapters done, so if you want to take the DAF exams then you will need to put in a lot of extra hours in my opinion.

Advertisement