Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Institute of Technology Clonmel Campus?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi I am a 20 year old hoping, if all goes right, to transfer into the 2nd year into a different college for my studies. I have a few in mind, and LIT Clonmel is one of the places that have the same course.
    Not sure if they take transfers, but if they did, what is Clonmel like for a young college student? Is there much of a nightlife and social activities in clonmel, and also what is the campus like itself?

Its just that I have not heard great things about the town and the campus itself, and judging by photos, there is not much of a college feel to the place, it looks more like an isolated secondary school.

Its just that I want to finish off my last two years in a good college with a good mix of people and to have some good experiances, which is why I really need people's opinions and advice.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Hi I am a 20 year old hoping, if all goes right, to transfer into the 2nd year into a different college for my studies. I have a few in mind, and LIT Clonmel is one of the places that have the same course.
    Not sure if they take transfers, but if they did, what is Clonmel like for a young college student? Is there much of a nightlife and social activities in clonmel, and also what is the campus like itself?

Its just that I have not heard great things about the town and the campus itself, and judging by photos, there is not much of a college feel to the place, it looks more like an isolated secondary school.

Its just that I want to finish off my last two years in a good college with a good mix of people and to have some good experiances, which is why I really need people's opinions and advice.

A Happy Violet would brighten up the place! Why not come down to Clonmel for a day and see for yourself, good accomodation available at reasonable prices! Great coffee shops, night life.......maybe students know!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

A good friend went to the Clonmel campus and lets just say it wasnt for the nightlife. Most the student life for LIT Tipperary is focused around the Thurles campus.
    Dont believe any of the 'stories' you hear about the town. Like any where its got its good and bad spots but the good outweigh the bad by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

Clonmel wouldn't exactly be a buzzing student town to be honest.
    What other colleges are on your list?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Your qualification is more important than where you got it from. An arts degree from TCD wont open too many doors for someone.

I wouldnt be making a decision based on what the town looks like or what the nightlife is like-or what the coffee shops are like as another poster has stated. There's other criteria I'd use, as in what graduates have done afterwards in the potential course options open to you.

what are you studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

[QUOTE=digzy;89302526]Your qualification is more important than where you got it from. An arts degree from TCD wont open too many doors for someone.

I wouldnt be making a decision based on what the town looks like or what the nightlife is like-or what the coffee shops are like as another poster has stated. There's other criteria I'd use, as in what graduates have done afterwards in the potential course options open to you.

what are you studying?[/QUOTE]

Creative Multimedia. Yeah that is true, but the thing is I like to meet new people and maybe make new friends. I don't need a hectic student life as long I can come away with some experiances and people I can still stay in contact with. That and it is closer to home.

• Advertisement

pooch90 wrote: »
    Clonmel wouldn't exactly be a buzzing student town to be honest.
    What other colleges are on your list?

Carlow IT

GMIT

Probably Athlone, not too sure yet.

Was going for Dun Laoighre, but changed my mind because of the amount of documentation they needed. Wouldnt be worth it anyway.

Cork IT, but when I looked up about they expect a portfolio and an interview with the head of the school, I think. Usually I dont mind stuff like this, but I dont want to have go through all that chaos only to maybe get rejected.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Will I move this to the LIT forum?

Mr. G wrote: »
    Will I move this to the LIT forum?

Yep you can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

We need happy intelligent students in the Clonmel LIT campus. Big investment taking place on a new campus. Multi media would be very strong department there.

As a matter of interest Clonmel town has a total population in excess of any three combined Tipperary towns.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod: Moved from Tipp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Clonmel is a great place to learn. Im actually a multimedia student there and moving into second year in september. The nightlife isnt actually buzzing but its alright to head out on with a group. Thursday nights the main night out and its just to a late bar. Few nice places to hang out in the town and the Students Union organise movie nights, games nights and other stuff weekly. As for making friends, as its a small college its quite easy to get to know people and after a while when the semester gets busier people generally just hang out at friends houses during the week.

Sorry for the late reply but if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Advertisement