Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Advice/Broker Kilkenny

Options
  • 03-03-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience dealing with mortgage brokers or individual banks in Kilkenny? I'm living in a different city right now but I am interested in getting a mortgage in Kilkenny as I would like to return there. I don't have enough time with work to take days off and visit all the banks/advisers so any advice on the best would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Jesper wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience dealing with mortgage brokers or individual banks in Kilkenny? I'm living in a different city right now but I am interested in getting a mortgage in Kilkenny as I would like to return there. I don't have enough time with work to take days off and visit all the banks/advisers so any advice on the best would be great.

Sorry dont know about mortgage advisors, but I know TSB are offering the tracker rate plus 1% mortgages at the minute and this applies even if you are in negative equity at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Jesper wrote: »

go over to the property thread and look for a poster called killers - he will no doubt help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Sorry dont know about mortgage advisors, but I know TSB are offering the tracker rate plus 1% mortgages at the minute and this applies even if you are in negative equity at the minute.

I seriously doubt this. Are you sure it's not that they are allowing those already on trackers to upgrade, even if they are in negative equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 OpenYourMind

Used IMS Mortgage Brokers on Ormonde Road myself a few years ago. No complaints. They dealt with everything and took headache away. Reasonably priced as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Used IMS Mortgage Brokers on Ormonde Road myself a few years ago. No complaints. They dealt with everything and took headache away. Reasonably priced as well.

Do they charge a once off fee for the service, charge the bank or get a % of the interest for this service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 OpenYourMind

In our case there was a one off fee, which we found reasonable. I'm sure they got a % from bank, but don't know details, didn't need to know at time. It was 2011. Might be worth talking to anyway to see what their fees currently are and what you can expect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Approve of these 2, very helpful especially after we were turned down over some bs technicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I seriously doubt this. Are you sure it's not that they are allowing those already on trackers to upgrade, even if they are in negative equity.

No its as I said ;-

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

No, its as Tobelrone said. For those with existing trackers.

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/whatweoffer/mortgages/home-movers/

Advertisement