Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozeal Glasses 40% discount

Options
  • 02-03-2014 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I came across this site last week and bought glasses from them.

http://www.ozealglasses.co.uk/

I got 2 pairs, one varifocal and the second transition for €170 which included a 40% discount code SPRING40. Both pairs are high index and come with coatings on the lenses.

I got a quote from Specsaver on their 2 for 1 deal which came to almost €400. That was just with a tint on 1 pair not a transition lense.

I normally use zenni optical but their varifocal are a standard width corridor.

Ozeal do a wider corridor.

The day after I ordered I got a 50% discount code from them:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

What height measurement do they propose to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Use their virual try on to see how they look on you.

They give the sizes of the frames so just measure what you use and get similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks OP.

If it's your first order you can use "NEWFEB50" to get 50% off. Worked for me anyway once I created an account.

I imagine the shipping is much quicker than Zenni Optical - we'll see anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

So how did you manage to measure the fitting heights for the varifocal lens op as that's usually done with the frame on you by the opticians to measure where the progression starts. Too high can affect your distance vision. Too low your reading area will be reduced or non existant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 espreso75

heffoo is absoloutly right. varifocals must be measured whilst wearing the frame so they must have just guessed the position???
    Ive used this site before purely because they send the frame to you and ask for a photo of you wearing the frame and then the lens position is worked out like that.
    Its the only accurate way of doing it online.
    Anyways, here is the link, hope it helps?
    http://www.onlineopticiansuk.com/
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement