Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Phonewatch alarm

Options
  • 02-03-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys, hope someone can help me. I have a Phonewatch alarm. It used to be monitored but no longer. The problem is my alarm beeps every 12 hours which is very frustrating, especially at 3am. I've been led to believe it's because it's trying to check-in with the monitoring centre. It's a Simon XT with a male voice. Does anyone how to access the settings to delete the number it's trying to contact. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

richm1975 wrote: »
    Hey guys, hope someone can help me. I have a Phonewatch alarm. It used to be monitored but no longer. The problem is my alarm beeps every 12 hours which is very frustrating, especially at 3am. I've been led to believe it's because it's trying to check-in with the monitoring centre. It's a Simon XT with a male voice. Does anyone how to access the settings to delete the number it's trying to contact. Many thanks in advance.

When it beeps and after you switch it off what is it telling you?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have sent you the manual for that panel as well as possibilities for the engineer code.
    You need to delete the central station numbers or the auto test times.
    I will be editing the above posts.
    Phonewatch is no longer owned by Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 richm1975

It says "system communication failure".

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, thats because the monitoring is cancelled. Delete the central station numbers and account numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean.D

Hi folks; I'm in a similar situation.
    Moved into new house which had Phone Watch monitored alarm. The control panel is now beeping every 12 hours. If I press the Info button it stops and gives the message 'GSM comms failure' which presumably is the same as above.

It's a Simon XT alarm.

I guess from reading other posts that I need the engineer code to change the phone numbers that it is trying to call? Koolkid, can you PM me the manual and codes as well please.

Also, is it possible for me to replace the sim with one I purchase myself? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sean.D wrote: »
    Hi folks; I'm in a similar situation.
    Moved into new house which had Phone Watch monitored alarm. The control panel is now beeping every 12 hours. If I press the Info button it stops and gives the message 'GSM comms failure' which presumably is the same as above.

It's a Simon XT alarm.

I guess from reading other posts that I need the engineer code to change the phone numbers that it is trying to call? Koolkid, can you PM me the manual and codes as well please.

Also, is it possible for me to replace the sim with one I purchase myself? Thanks.

Yes the system can be set up to ring your number when you replace the sim.
    To do this the protocol need to be set to voice for each number programmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 John22456a

I moved into new house with a phonewatch alarm model 60-840-43 and a Gsm communicator. It is no longer connected to phonewatch. Can anyone help I would like to return it to factory setting or get installation manual. Thanks

Is this the system you have?
    285600.jpg

What exactly are you trying to do?
    Defaulting it back to factory settings will create a lot of unnecessary work.

Hi, I would like to be able to reprogram the panel and replace the existing sim card.

I am not sure if that panel has the ability to call numbers directly.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    I am not sure if that panel has the ability to call numbers directly.

The photo you sent is very similar except that there is another pcb under the pcb in the photo. I am not able to send photo because I am a new user. I am hopeing to replace the gsm unit with a new one and use a positive trigger from panel to send text. That is why I would like engineer manual or be able to reset panel back to factory settings. The gsm unit is contained in a seperate psu unit I can send photo if required. Thanks

Is there a bell output.?
    If so use that as a trigger for a generic dialler. A lot less hassle than a default & reprogramme.

John22456a wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to be able to reprogram the panel and replace the existing sim card.

The only way to know if there is a domestic dialer installed is to go into the phone option menu and check. Fitting a standalone dialer to this system would be the better option either way as all the domestic dialer does is omit a tone to indicate the system is in alarm and to only one number too. The outputs on the system need to be set up to do this correctly. Again this can only be done through engineer mode.

altor wrote: »
    The only way to know if there is a domestic dialer installed is to go into the phone option menu and check. Fitting a standalone dialer to this system would be the better option either way as all the domestic dialer does is omit a tone to indicate the system is in alarm and to only one number too. The outputs on the system need to be set up to do this correctly. Again this can only be done through engineer mode.

As I said at the start there is a seperate Gsm communicator with its own sim card. But still need to be able to get into engineer mode to have complete contol of the panel. Yes I can replace this and there is a bell output but that does not lend itself to a complete solution. I need to get into engineer mode and maybe a installation manual,thanks.

I sent you a PM re the manual.

John22456a wrote: »
    As I said at the start there is a seperate Gsm communicator with its own sim card. But still need to be able to get into engineer mode to have complete contol of the panel. Yes I can replace this and there is a bell output but that does not lend itself to a complete solution. I need to get into engineer mode and maybe a installation manual,thanks.

Is there an external bell connected to the system already?

Advertisement