Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seven Spanish Angels 3rd verse?

Options
  • 02-03-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,
    first of all, apologies if this the wrong forum... but here goes!

I joined a session in a pub last week at which a guy sang Seven Spanish Angels, on of my all time favorites. Its a song I love to sing and play.
    I was astonished to hear him sing a 3rd verse, but didn't bother asking him for the lyrics at the end of the night, I figured I'd Google them, but no luck.

Anyone out there know them? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LorcanRyan123

Same experience for me at a session in Carlingford last night. I think folks are just making a final verse up to let the song continue for a bit longer, which suits me fine as it's a great tune.

On the song's wikipedia page, A third verse was written but never recorded. I cant find any online version that includes a 3rd verse.

Now the people in the valley swear

That when the moon's just right

They see the Texan and his woman

Ride across the clouds at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Thanks Lorcan. How strange, first time I logged in on Boards in a very long time and I get notified about your post.

I was beggining to think I had dreamt it! I never thought of checking Wikapedia.

you are right though, anything that makes a great song longer can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nckrelson

I wrote a third verse myself. Here ya go!

It seems we never learn our lessons

From things that have passed before

Too many innocent people

Been knockin', on Heaven's door

And so it just continues

As the Devil works his Plan

And he sits and smiles below us,

Whilst destroying whate'er He can

Advertisement