Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study tips?

Options
  • 02-03-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I need some tips on how to study more effectively for my LC. Too be perfectly honest I have not yet started actual study per say but I have been doing my homework and keeping up to date with my projects, but up until this point I have done no study, not even for mocks (which went better than expected but I still failed 3) I have a few questions I need you lads to answer

1.) I'm starting study as soon as engineering project is done. The reason for this is because the deadline is next week and I have after school engineering classes that go on till 7 or 8 every day this coming week. When I do start how long should I do a night? All I need is around 300 points. I'm doing 5 higher subjects and two pass.

2.) Is it too late for me? Have a basically screwed myself over due to the fact I've started too late?

3.) Anyone else in the same boat as me? Anyone here not started study yet?

Cheers for any advice ya give in advance lads be as honest as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rachinater

Yep we are in the same boat and i find it so hard to stick to plans and concentrate!

I haven't started yet either, and I'm going for 475/480 to be safe for what I want!! I don't think it's too late at all, 94 days!

Are you doing languages (Irish/German/French/Spanish)? Orals are coming up soon so I'd focus on them for now. Learn off key points about yourself, your family, your area, your hobbies, your school, the recession, poverty, global warming. All of this vocab will help for the oral and it'll come in handy at the time of the written exam too!

I'd say start off slowly, no point going in for 3 hours study a night because you'll end up hating it. Do your homework first and get that out of the way. Then try 30 minutes of something you like. Do that for about a week, swapping every day for something hard and then something you like. Then just gradually build up. I wouldn't do anymore than 2 hours of study a night, but everyone's different so you might like to do less/more! Go over things again at the weekend too, and try do it in the morning because you'll end up procrastinating with TV/going out if you leave it until 7 or 8 o clock!

Don't stress too much, you've been doing all of your homework and you're doing well on your projects! Set up a study log here if you think it'll help you keep track of everything that needs to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Guess I'm not in the same boat then

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

* not alone in this boat

Advertisement