Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the wind rises vs frozen in the oscars.

Options
  • 02-03-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

Looks like frozen and the Disney monolith have this sewn up. No one is giving ghibli a chance here. Is the Disney movie that good? All my family are saying it's the best Disney in years. I haven't seen TWR so it's not possible for me to compare. Is there an outside chance and I wonder what the build up for Spirited Away was like when that won.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Wow, I was actually rather disappointed with Frozen - would have preferred if the older sister was the main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Wow, I was actually rather disappointed with Frozen - would have preferred if the older sister was the main character.

yeah your right. at the start it looked like it was going to be the older sisters story, she seemed way more interesting, had a real inner turmoil going on. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Frozen seemed like a standard Disney movie to me, I didn't see what was so special about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Personally I thought it was their best movie in years, but I think the Ghibli film deserved the Oscar anyway :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have yet to hear anything good about frozen apart from the last post here. Didnt seen the wind rises but im not sure if that will be boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

It's a completely redundant award considering most of the judges had only seen Frozen, out of all the animation nominees.

Advertisement