Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundfield Microphone

Options
  • 02-03-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Has anyone here used the Soundfield microphone for recording acoustic music?

I am doing a project on it and curious what people think about the results. My project is comparing it to a popular multi-microphone array to see what people prefer.

All the best!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

They wouldn't be my first choice for recording. The signal path goes through a bunch of DSP stuff, so if you like a pure, simple signal path (like me), they're not the ticket. In their favour, you have the option to record each of the capsules comprising the tetrahedral array separately, so lots of flexibilty in post if you're willing to matrix them up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

TroutMask wrote: »
    They wouldn't be my first choice for recording. The signal path goes through a bunch of DSP stuff, so if you like a pure, simple signal path (like me), they're not the ticket. In their favour, you have the option to record each of the capsules comprising the tetrahedral array separately, so lots of flexibilty in post if you're willing to matrix them up

Indeed and by using decoding plugins all that is done for you once you have the B-format recorded.

Advertisement