Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop parts

Options
  • 02-03-2014 12:59am

Anybody know somewhere decent around the city for laptop parts please? I purchased this and had it sent to Parcel Motel. Walked 8 miles to and fro to collect it and it was damaged when I opened it. :rolleyes: eBay want me to send it back to the seller but I don't trust him to reimburse me the return fees so I'm going to cut my losses.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi there, I have edited your post as you have linked to a zipped file on Mediafire as it appeared dodgy. Thanks

:D Sorry about that! Fixed it if that's OK? I was ...erm looking up various magazines earlier! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can you not return it via parcel motel for cheapish? Also, if it's a delivery issue you should keep everything through ebay, that way you'll be a bit protected. Finding a part like a palmrest like that can be a pain in the @rse, online is always easiest in my opinion, but you could go to all the normal PC repair places around town, they are likely to have contacts for parts and will get something for you (for a margin I'm sure)

Parcel Motel wanted €14.50!! An Post wanted €9 for regged post.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

If you jump over to adverts.ie in the computer section you'll find a few people with shops, some of them do refurbs, might have what you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement