Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Train Station Stabbings

Options
  • 01-03-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

27 killed and 100 people wounded in a mass stabbing, crazy stuff!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

27 killed and 100 people wounded in a mass stabbing, crazy stuff!

Yes I gleaned this from your link to the extensive new report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Yes I gleaned this from your link to the extensive new report.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

Men in uniform, apparently. Seems very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ninjas

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

mod9maple wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

Men in uniform, apparently. Seems very odd.

Terrorist organisation I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Riamfada wrote: »
    Ninjas
    Japanese invaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Al Jazeera.
    A group of knife-wielding men have attacked a train station in southwestern China, leaving at least 27 people dead and 109 injured, the official Xinhua news agency said, making it one of the deadliest attacks in China in recent years.

Xinhua did not provide more details about the attack that took place late on Saturday evening at the Kunming Railway Station in Yunnan province, and the attackers were not identified.
    Kunming city police did not have immediate information to release.

The state-run Yunnan News said that the men were wearing uniforms when they stormed the railway station and that gunshots were heard after police responded, reported the Associated Press.
    Local television station K6 reported that several of the attackers were shot by police and that victims were being transported to local hospitals around the city, according to an AFP news agency report.
    Photos circulating online showed scattered luggage and bodies lying on the floor in blood, although the authenticity of the images could not be verified.

State television said on its official microblog that domestic security chief Meng Jianzhu was on his way to the scene.
    The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear, but China has seen a number of mass stabbings and other attacks carried out by people bearing grudges against society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It's railway station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Shinobi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Looks like it is Islamic Extremists

• Advertisement

woodoo wrote: »

As per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

That's horrendous. Usual snarky remarks to follow, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

As per usual.

Or the Morbegs, I never trusted those hairy bastards.

woodoo wrote: »
    Source?

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet but I'm hearing Uyghur separatists bandied about a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Some pictures from the scene. Note the people withdrawing cash from the ATM's normally with dead bodies lying around them and the girl calmly walking around while on her iPhone updating her Facebook status!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=290_1393687533

zetalambda wrote: »
    Some pictures from the scene. Note the people withdrawing cash from the ATM's normally as if nothing was happening around them and the girl calmly walking through dead bodies while on her iPhone sending a tweet!

Strange, totally different mentality towards life in China it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

It's railway station

Yeah, all the Kindergartens were closed.

zetalambda wrote: »
    Some pictures from the scene. Note the people withdrawing cash from the ATM's normally with dead bodies lying around them and the girl calmly walking around while on her iPhone updating her Facebook status!

Well, she could have been doing anything. Texting her family to say she's okay, checking the news to see if it's safe to get public transport home, booking a hostel for the night, etc.

Or, she could have been on twitter or something. Shock does strange things to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Having worked in China the pictures dont surprise me. Lots of the Chinese are so afraid to doing soething wrong that it's safer to not act and save face. Initiative and independant thought are really not encouraged in China. The people withdrawing money are probably in Shock and doing the very Chinese approach to a problem. If we don't mention it it is not there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Ill bet on corrupt higher-up city officials not paying off/stealing from/insulting a mob boss.

All to get some police chief or politician fired.

• Advertisement

Having worked in China the pictures dont surprise me. Lots of the Chinese are so afraid to doing soething wrong that it's safer to not act and save face. Initiative and independant thought are really not encouraged in China. The people withdrawing money are probably in Shock and doing the very Chinese approach to a problem. If we don't mention it it is not there.

Yeah I've heard stories of people suffering heart attacks etc in public and the Chinese people just turn a blind eye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Scary stuff, one moment you're waiting on a train and the next you're dead because a group of nutjobs have decided you're an easy target.

I don't see any confirmations on the responsible group yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have been to China and every station has xray machines for bags and a pat down when going onto platforms. But the staff generally didn't give a **** about security.

China has an issue with Islamic extremist but it isn't reported in the west.

hfallada wrote: »
    I have been to China and every station has xray machines for bags and a pat down when going onto platforms. But the staff generally didn't give a **** about security.

China has an issue with Islamic extremist but it isn't reported in the west.

Yes, the news is so censored you couldn't be totally sure of the 'nitty-grittys'.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Major incident. Police say they have killed 5 and are looking for 5 more.

Makes you think of how easy a target you are when you are at a bus station or concert etc. Scary.

More here

Maybe it's just me but could this be the work of the "no spitting on floor" and the "you can't smoke" here brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

biko wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but could this be the work of the "no spitting on floor" and the "you can't smoke" here brigade?

eh?

If you've been to China in makes sense.

biko wrote: »
    If you've been to China in makes sense.

for those of us who have not, can you elaborate ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The natural response to this is obviously start a political campaign to ban cutlery and climb on a high horse that this would never happen in Ireland….

RIP to those who died.

Advertisement