Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful charge

Options
  • 01-03-2014 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Tried to change over my insurance to a van for 24hrs while I move some items and Liberty wanted €56 for the pleasure. For one day? I will be cancelling mine & my wifes policy first thing Monday morning and will never get insured with you again.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

houseplant wrote: »
    Tried to change over my insurance to a van for 24hrs while I move some items and Liberty wanted €56 for the pleasure. For one day? I will be cancelling mine & my wifes policy first thing Monday morning and will never get insured with you again.

That's your prerogative. Let us know how your switch goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I wasn't aware that you could switch private insurance to a commercial vehicle. I know may insurance won't cover me on a commercial, but maybe yours is different OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Liberty Insurance: Lisa

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Hi Houseplant

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the quote you received, however as this is an additional cover certain charges may apply subject to terms and conditions of the policy.

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]We regret to hear you're thinking of cancelling your policy and hope you will reconsider this. We do value your custom and would be happy to speak with you in this regard if you would like to PM me your details.

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Regards

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Lisa

[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Hi Houseplant

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the quote you received, however as this is an additional cover certain charges may apply subject to terms and conditions of the policy.

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]We regret to hear you're thinking of cancelling your policy and hope you will reconsider this. We do value your custom and would be happy to speak with you in this regard if you would like to PM me your details.

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Regards

[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Lisa

[/font]

Nah. Ridiculous amount to charge whatever way you look at it. Cancelation letter sent yesterday.

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Hi Houseplant[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Thank you for your feedback.  If you would like to PM me your details I can look into this request for you.[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Lisa[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Does this go for bikes aswell? I was looking to swap over from a 125 to drive a moped home for a friend. 56 euro just to do that is absolutely insane.

Is it a standard charge or was it just because he went to a higher risk vehicle or something?

Hi Digital Society

If you PM me your details I will look into this for you.

Regards
    Lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Hi Digital Society

If you PM me your details I will look into this for you.

Regards
    Lisa

Why don't you just answer the question Lisa? Is it a standard charge or is it on a case by case basis??

Hi Digital Society

As this is an additional cover certain charges may apply subject to terms and conditions of the policy.

Regards
    Lisa

Advertisement