Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mobile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you want to post the answers to these will also help:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514104

Out of the 4 I would consider either the 920 or the nexus. Both have no memory card option which might be a downside, both are 4G compatible, and similar specs. The big difference is WP versus android, so you might want to try a demo on a live phone in store to see which you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks Davy!

• What features are important to you in a phone? Primarily making calls.
    • Form factor? Touchscreen is perfect for me.
    • Internet? Not overly important but good to have it.
    • Operator? No - but Vodafone seem to suit my needs best afaik.
    • Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free? Sim-Free and then a sim only deal
    • Price range? Would not be happy much over €250 sim free.

I am not fussed about windows or android - I might be in a few months but coming from an app free 6310i all of these will be a step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

If your still looking to buy a phone, I do recommend the BlackBerry Z10. Ive had it for a year now and absolutely love it. It has best keyboard, best messaging best multi-tasking I've seen. Though I have not used Windows phones before. When I first got it there was an app shortage, which was a little frustrating. But now I have a Google play store app on the phone so app aren't an issue anymore, if not in BlackBerry world, I just use the android one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jossul1179 wrote: »
    If your still looking to buy a phone, I do recommend the BlackBerry Z10. Ive had it for a year now and absolutely love it. It has best keyboard, best messaging best multi-tasking I've seen. Though I have not used Windows phones before. When I first got it there was an app shortage, which was a little frustrating. But now I have a Google play store app on the phone so app aren't an issue anymore, if not in BlackBerry world, I just use the android one.

Brilliant phone, the Z10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I've had experience with the Z10, N5 and Lumia 920.

You should take a look at the battery stats on the phones you've listed.
    The Z10 battery is very small at only 1800mAh, the N5 and 920 are both 2300mAh. The Moto G has a 2,070 mAh battery.

Reviews would suggest the Moto G has better battery life in real world usage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 slireyo

nice phone............

Advertisement