Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Sale

Options
  • 01-03-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Theres a sale on in Aer Lingus at the moment, yeah I know theyre usually pretty poor, but myself and GF just saved 80e on our flights to Barcelona in April over prices we were gonna book last week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It's crap. I've looking for flights to Italy during the promotion period and whatever dates I look at they're exactly the same price as they were before the '50% sale'.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Every year I wait for the Jan sale to book, but if I just booked it in October / November I would get it cheaper, there sale is a joke get worse every year, I know what I'll be doing in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

third sale this year and the flights i am keeping an eye on are dearer in this sale now than they were in early jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

fm wrote: »
    third sale this year and the flights i am keeping an eye on are dearer in this sale now than they were in early jan.

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

fm wrote: »

Normal Aer Lingus sale.

This is the second time this year the flights I have been looking at have gone up in the sale and came down after the sale last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We're getting to Barcelona for 105e each return anyway, cheapest I've seen that particular route

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm looking at flights to/from Verona in September and there was about €40 off 4 return flights. Hardly a sale considering the flights are twice the price compared to the same dates last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Definitely saved money for me! Had been watching flights to Nice for 4 adults this August & the sale genuinely saved me over €200.
    Cheers OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Smells fishy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Hootanany wrote: »
    Smells fishy

Give it a wash....be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Prices are dearer than last year.

Is the sale price in relation to some time in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Of course the fares are more expensive. I do a lot of travelling and fares for many airlines have increased everyone knows that. The prices ow arent expensive thats just the price they are, getting 40e etc off is still 40e unless the price was jacked up in thr last month or two which mine werent. Glad someone saved anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭itsirishfarmer

aer lingus fare sales are not sales

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sails are for boats, tell Aer Fungus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I actually dont bother even checking for sale discounts now when Aer Lingus advertise a sale.
    Quickly discovered their sales are a waste of time and overpriced !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Flights to hanover I was looking at do seem a bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

We're getting to Barcelona for 105e each return anyway, cheapest I've seen that particular route
    have a look at Ryanair I got it for 50 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Tazz T wrote: »
    It's crap. I've looking for flights to Italy during the promotion period and whatever dates I look at they're exactly the same price as they were before the '50% sale'.

It's only 50% off the base fare, before, ahem, taxes and charges. Aer Lingus have just been rapped over the knuckles for this
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ryanair-reports-aer-lingus-for-misleading-ad-263124.html

I notice there was only a week or so between their last "sale" and their current "sale". Is this legal?

Advertisement