Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping imessages to old phone

Options
  • 01-03-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

I'm a recent Android convert as of last week but have noticed my iPhone is still getting my old messages from any iPhone wielding friends! Driving me demented. Tried deregistering the phone on apple support, turned off imessages on my old iPhone but still no joy.

There must be others out there who solved it?
    Please!? I searched Google but haven't turned up anything I've not already tried above.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bringastick

Hi,
    I had the same problem, keep in mind I really know nothing about this kind of thing! To be honest I don't know if I fully fixed it, but I turned off iPhone, left it turned off and text anyone who I had still been getting imessages off to go into their message settings and turn on 'send as text message when imessage unavailable'. Seemed to do the trick but I know there have still been messages I haven't gotten from others who didn't change their setting...
    Hope this helps a bit!

Advertisement