Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a fellow FIFA fan out

Options
  • 01-03-2014 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I'm playing career mode as Man Utd on a world class level and have hit a brick wall when it comes to scoring.

First off I am an average player. I have dished out beatings online and have being on the end of beatings.

I can defend pretty well but I just lack the knack of being above average attacking wise.

I ended up 0-0 with Stoke earlier and it has sent me off at the deep end hence this post

So lads....

Any tips or links to good sites that can show where were I can improve my offence.

When Rooney & Diego Costa can't break down Stoke's defence something is wrong!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Temaz wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm playing career mode as Man Utd on a world class level and have hit a brick wall when it comes to scoring.

First off I am an average player. I have dished out beatings online and have being on the end of beatings.

I can defend pretty well but I just lack the knack of being above average attacking wise.

I ended up 0-0 with Stoke earlier and it has sent me off at the deep end hence this post

So lads....

Any tips or links to good sites that can show where were I can improve my offence.

When Rooney & Diego Costa can't break down Stoke's defence something is wrong!!

Sounds like a good result man. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Try the skill challenges with some of your own players. Keep at it until you're at legendary.

Maybe try using manual or semi manual shooting ? Using automatic shooting makes it near impossible to score from some situations.

• Administrators Posts: 53,504 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is it that you are having problems creating chances or that you are just not finishing your chances off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

awec wrote: »
    Is it that you are having problems creating chances or that you are just not finishing your chances off?

Creating chances. Just hitting a brick wall lately.

• Administrators Posts: 53,504 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Temaz wrote: »
    Creating chances. Just hitting a brick wall lately.

Are you playing with the right tactics? Pushing your team to attack at the right time?

For example if you've got pacey forwards then maybe you'll want to play on the counter attacking setting and hit teams on the break. With pacey forwards you'll want to do a lot of through balls for them to run on to.

When you are playing keep an eye out for big gaps on the pitch where you would want a player of yours to be. For example do you find it difficult for your midfielders and your forwards to link? Maybe you need a player floating between your midfield and strikers?

Use L1 / LB when you are passing to do one-two moves, useful if there is a defender or two between you and goal.

Wouldn't bother trying to take it round defenders unless you can beat them for pace.

Shoot too when you get a chance, even if you know it won't go it it might be parried out for a rebound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I find it alot easier if I just play as quick as possible passing and alot of 1-2's, with the cpu always being so over powered, its alot harder in this years fifa to beat a player for pace. So keep the ball being passed constantly and gaps will appear. I find doing this and then mixing it up with quick wing play causes havoc for the cpu's defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

awec wrote: »
    Are you playing with the right tactics? Pushing your team to attack at the right time?

For example if you've got pacey forwards then maybe you'll want to play on the counter attacking setting and hit teams on the break. With pacey forwards you'll want to do a lot of through balls for them to run on to.

When you are playing keep an eye out for big gaps on the pitch where you would want a player of yours to be. For example do you find it difficult for your midfielders and your forwards to link? Maybe you need a player floating between your midfield and strikers?

Use L1 / LB when you are passing to do one-two moves, useful if there is a defender or two between you and goal.

Wouldn't bother trying to take it round defenders unless you can beat them for pace.

Shoot too when you get a chance, even if you know it won't go it it might be parried out for a rebound.

All solid advice. +1

I'm pretty mediocre myself. My Seasons record is pretty crap in fairness, I lose about 4 games to win 3. I go through purple patches where I can get to Season 3 and then drop down as far as Season7 but usually hovering between 4and5. I find that when I'm kicking ass and winning a lot of games I somehow (not in a cocky way) feel that I'm playing a purist game and want to do the right thing aesthetically insofar as playing a good brand of passing football & scoring neat goals. Then I usually hit a brick wall and things go down hill....fast.

I have come to the conclusion that the best way to keep solid results is to mix it. By that I mean play your beautiful game but don't be afraid to be Jose Maurinho and do everything in your power to grind out a result. Start a game defensive but have a counter attacking threat. If you get an early goal, GREAT, keep doing what you're doing, you might just score another goal from the same situation. If the guy equalises and then goes in front, move to a balanced tactic. If that's not working and/or your opponent goes 1 up change to an attacking tactic.

Also, subs at the right time can make a huge difference. For eg. Aubemeyang for BD is imo best utilised coming off the bench at about 70 where his pace and drive will create havoc in opposition defences.

It's a game where fractions of a second will make huge inroads so my best piece of advice is play with your head up. Get comfortable with being able to pass it around comfortably in defense and midfield but keep one eye on where your wingers and striker(s) are making runs.

It's a horribly addictive game in this respect where you feel like your making progress but it's only incrementally.

Advertisement