Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery running down too quickly.

Options
  • 28-02-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

A friend has a HTC desire, nearly 2 years old and in the last couple of months the battery is running down a lot more quickly than it used to. He's tried task killing regularly as well as dimming the screen slightly and even bought a new battery but that hasn't helped.

Is there anything else I can tell him to do bar buying a new phone?! :rolleyes:

Any advice appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Task killing is supposed to be mostly bad for battery use on android. What's showing up on your battery usage screen?

I've heard good things coming from Greenify which may require root to work fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Task killing is supposed to be mostly bad for battery use on android. What's showing up on your battery usage screen?

I've heard good things coming from Greenify which may require root to work fully.

Thanks for the quick reply. I always thought you were supposed to use task killer often to preserve battery life! :rolleyes:
    Will have to check on battery usage screen.

I've no idea of what Greenfly is so will google it.... also how to root and pass on the info.

Did I see somewhere that a factory reset can help???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I had a HTC Desire for two years and by that time I could hope for a day out of the battery. If I browsed for two hours it was dead. I recently got the MotoG and even though the battery is only a small bit bigger (more capacity) it is far superior. I can expect to get 48 hours out out if it with moderate usage. Everything about it is more efficient. You could replace your battery with a new one, but if I were you I would just get a new phone. The MotoG is very affordable, and a far superior experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Add baked.noodle has said after 2 years the battery is worn. The Moto G would be a great upgrade.

beno619 wrote: »
    Add baked.noodle has said after 2 years the battery is worn. The Moto G would be a great upgrade.

He got a brand new battery for it but still has the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its likely some errant app constantly running in the background. The battery usage screen should tell you.

There are apps such as juice defender that claim to help stop this behaviour but ideally you want to find the misbehaving app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Greenify or Gram battery app should help detect whatever ids eating at your battery.

Thanks to all, will pass on the tips. :)

Advertisement