Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Eircom!

Options
  • 28-02-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So basically we've had eircom for the past 2 years and we've had NOTHING but problems with them.
    It was actually decent for the entire summer but unfortunately it has gotten terrible again, probably since around Christmas
    I called them yesterday as at around four a colock every evening our speeds drop so low i can barely stream on netflix !
    Enquiring about our low speeds, they basically said there was nothing they could do as our local exchange is so old
    I live in the arsehole of Roscommon so theres no other providers like UPC who would offer us a decent deal but we are in the middle of two exchanges.

My questions are
    1) could i ask them can we change exchange
    2) Since the service we're paying for isn't being provided (unlimited, uncongested broadband) i'm thinking this HAS to be against consumer law and would it be possible to get some money back from the past 3-4 bills ?

Advertisement