Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source for: army retirement cast statue gift

Options
  • 28-02-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know where I could pck up the Michael Collins brass cast statue that is given to people retireing from the Irish army, as far as I know it is normally a micheal collins statue or an army lad with a Styre AUG.

my father died before he retired and I would like to get the collins one in his memory.

I'm not even sure i right about the collins statue being used its a vague memory of a retirement do i was at.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

I was at hundreds of retirement functions and never saw a Michael Collins Statue given to any retiree from the Army.
    Personally, I got a glass Salad Bowl and a bunch of flowers (after 30 years Service) and if someone had presented me with a M. Collins statuette I'd not have accepted it.
    Each to his own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Genisis in Mullingar do the Soldier alright, don't know about the Collins one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

The day I retired I got given a book. A week later it was stolen.

So was the car it was in.

I miss the book far more than the car.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

tac foley wrote: »
    The day I retired I got given a book. A week later it was stolen.

So was the car it was in.

I miss the book far more than the car.

tac

Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

There is a shop in Cork City owened by Gerald McCarhty, the ex Cork hurler,just off the South Mall who sells all types of those figures, army, navy and Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

mcko wrote: »
    There is a shop in Cork City owened by Gerald McCarhty, the ex Cork hurler,just off the South Mall who sells all types of those figures, army, navy and Gardai.
    Thanks for that. Do you have link or web address for his shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Ta very much

Advertisement