Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youth arrested in Drumcondra

Options
  • 28-02-2014 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I know this may be late but was just reading on Yahoo news Taken from Journal.ie That a teenager was arrested after robbing a store and made off with a sum of monet before being caught by Gardai with the money and an imitation firearm!
    Could this impact us again? or will it fall between the cracks and be forgotten about? or the proverbial straw that broke the camels back?
    If any knowledgeable person up in the big smoke has any info I would love to know (shop owners etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Happening a lot these days.

Gardai fired a shot at a lad with an imitation firearm at the end of last year.

There's a review of firearms legislation taking place atm and I wouldn't be surprised if the Gardai have brought up airsoft as an issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Personally, I think there should be no consideration as to whether an 'apparent' weapon is a RIF or is real steel.
    Real Airsofters know not to show their guns in public because it's both illegal and insanely dumb, not to mention the harm to the sport.

If if they do then they have to accept the fact that the consequences include being actually shot at by armed police.

Advertisement