Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap supplement online shop in Irleand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Steveo.1985

I've found HPNutrition.ie to be about the cheapest in the country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 bodybuilder11

I found a cheaper store fitnessnutrition.ie
    But still looking for a cheaper price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

You won't find many cheaper bud especially since .vat came in on protein, I've been using http://www.theproteinworks.com
    For the last few months and find them brilliant, if you register and use my referral code EC38766 you can get free protein and I'll get points on my account

Aside from that your options in Ireland are http://www.discountsupplements.ie
    http://www.bodyfirst.ie
    http://www.sportsfuel.ie

Have used the first 2 and found them very good,sportsfuel has started popping up recently but haven't heard much

are you kidding me.I was looking at your links. Prices are much more expensive
    compared with http://www.fitnessnutrition.ie and http://www.hpnutrition.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Woah never said they were cheaper chill out! Discountsupplements and hpnutrition are very similar in price actually, hp list their products in lbs aswell which can be misleading
    Btw your welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

myprotein cant be beaten for protein 60 euro for 5kg flavoured protein delivered (using code groupie15)

Discountsupplements very high prices. Myprotein I have never tried, good taste?. MUTANT WHEY 4.5 kg. includes BCAAs and Glutamine is also a very good price and very good taste. hpnutrition 79 euro, fitnessnutrition.ie 75.00

Guys what is your favorite whey protein ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ptjohn

dave101 is spot on.. my protein also offer a garuntee on price aswell.. if you can find someone cheaper theyll beat them by x%

although i fail to see the need for protein supplementation when the upper register for response in a study setting is 1.8 grams per KG body weight. Ive heard anecdotal claims that 2 grams per pound body weight is more beneficial for hypertrophy but these guys also sell protein powder.....

Theres nothing wrong with going over this but when you're forking over 50-100 quid for a supplement that you probably dont need or buying a **** ton of meat every week it can start to take its toll on the wallet.

also
    inb4 "anabolic window"

Protein provides the building blocks for tissue, hormones, enzymes and accounts for 15% of the body. The building blocks it provides are amino acids and different proteins provide different amino acids and ratios of amino acids. 1 kg - 3.3 grams of protein is perfect :)

• Advertisement

3.3 grams protein per KG body weight? what exactly are you basing this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I've Been using gonutrition.com and find them excellent ,the triple chocolate whey is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

vtU0bIw.png
    Did a quick and dirty comparison of protein powders by grams of protein to the euro, including shipping costs. It's far from exhaustive, I might have missed out on some deals if everything looked overpriced on one website. I aimed for the 2kg mark for packaging, it's my preference.

This ignores things like carbohydrate/fat content of the powder, taste (a lot of these are unflavoured), whether they have other supplements added in, if they're hydrolysed etc. etc. (i.e., all I care about is the protein content)

Basically, you can't beat myprotein on price. Isolates don't necessarily give you value, the winner is 78% protein.

Ballpark to keep in your head if you're out shopping in the real world, for a powder that's 80% protein (20 per 25g) aim for €30 or less for a 2kg pack, €40 or less for 2.5kg.

MP: Myprotein
    TPW: The protein works
    BBW: Bodybuilding warehouse
    HP: Hp nutrition
    DS: discount supplements
    ON: the optimum nutrition irish website

For comparison, eggs in tesco get you 49 grams of protein to the euro, and tuna gets you 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,099 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ptjohn wrote: »
    3.3 grams protein per KG body weight? what exactly are you basing this on?
    I imagine he is basing it on 1.5g/lb ;)

i gathered that ;)

i am wondering why hes choosing to go with that amount specifically and not another amount

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

blubloblu wrote: »
    vtU0bIw.png
    Did a quick and dirty comparison of protein powders by grams of protein to the euro, including shipping costs. It's far from exhaustive, I might have missed out on some deals if everything looked overpriced on one website. I aimed for the 2kg mark for packaging, it's my preference.

This ignores things like carbohydrate/fat content of the powder, taste (a lot of these are unflavoured), whether they have other supplements added in, if they're hydrolysed etc. etc. (i.e., all I care about is the protein content)

Basically, you can't beat myprotein on price. Isolates don't necessarily give you value, the winner is 78% protein.

Ballpark to keep in your head if you're out shopping in the real world, for a powder that's 80% protein (20 per 25g) aim for €30 or less for a 2kg pack, €40 or less for 2.5kg.

For comparison, eggs in tesco get you 49 grams of protein to the euro, and tuna gets you 34.

The ON prices :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Bulkpowders would surely have been up there for value if included.

blubloblu wrote: »
    vtU0bIw.png

What about mutant whey 4.5 kg. 73.95 eur. delivery 0.00 792g. protein/4.5 kg.

Maybe from UK can get even cheaper ?

Ireland - http://fitnessnutrition.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_85&product_id=127

UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0083TSCQE/ref=asc_df_B0083TSCQE17802308/?tag=shopzil_ret236-21&ascsubtag=13947570424901089566210010400008005&creative=22114&creativeASIN=B0083TSCQE&linkCode=asn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Advertisement