Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE shortening names fad...

Options
  • 27-02-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Am I the only one curious why a match that would have been billed as between under-utilised Swiss sensation Antonio Cesaro and charisma void Big E Langston is now just Cesaro Vs. Big E. Poor old Antonio even had to cover up the Toni part of his jacket while Swagger's still say 'Big Hoss'. Commentators have utterly dropped the longer names too.

Does it even make the tiniest bit of difference to either man's prospects? I can't see Randy Orton being rebilled as simply Orton or Kofi Kingston dropping either of his labels. Maybe Wrestlemania 30 will be hosted by plain old Hogan.

I presume Antonio was dropped for being kinda daft (and maybe slightly effeminate sounding?) and Langston because Big E sounds more urban/hip-hop if you're a middle-aged white guy but it does seem fairly pointless to me.

Advertisement