Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiiish's black minnow

Options
  • 27-02-2014 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭

So I received a fiiish black minnow in the post today I've heard nothing but good things about this lure online,its a fairly pricey lure at 10 euro and seems a bit fragile just wondering has anyone any experience or tried out this lure? Plus what can I expect to catch with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It depends on the size, but they are for Bass, Pollock and Pike. I haven't used them but they are very similar to many other Jighead/soft plastics on the market. I never had great success with this type of lure but others swear by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

It depends on the size, but they are for Bass, Pollock and Pike. I haven't used them but they are very similar to many other Jighead/soft plastics on the market. I never had great success with this type of lure but others swear by them.

I'll be targeting bass and sea trout with it,won't get a chance to head out and try it out for a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

beano345 wrote: »
    I'll be targeting bass and sea trout with it,won't get a chance to head out and try it out for a week or two

It's supposed to be deady jigged from a boat for bass and pollock
    I've never had a seatrout on it though where are you fishing for the trout?

realrebel wrote: »
    It's supposed to be deady jigged from a boat for bass and pollock
    I've never had a seatrout on it though where are you fishing for the trout?

Rogerstown estuary north county dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

beano345 wrote: »
    Rogerstown estuary north county dublin

Good stuff have u caught them before?
    What lure works best for ya

• Advertisement

realrebel wrote: »
    Good stuff have u caught them before?
    What lure works best for ya

Never though I've tried,I've landed lures spinners and even bait on top of their foreheads sometimes and they still haven't taken,I've heard flying c's work as well as tasmanian devils haven't tried the two of them or dynamite yet,they really deserve their name of the fish of a thousand casts!

They have their days. Great fished bumped along the bottom or hauled through rocky weedy ground.

They are fairly soft though and have had them rip/tear on 1 fish. Too expensive for that carry on. Never had a sea trout on them mind. Bass, pollock and wrasse love them though......

Try a small P-Boy for the trout. Ive had a few on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Picked up 2 sets of these yesterday in my local tackle shop for €11 in the bargain basket!! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them there.
    Can't wait to try them out, they look fantastic

There expensive for what they are could see them ripping fairly easily,they move great in the water though,maybe if they made them a bit tougher and sold them in packs of 3 for a tenner I'd be sold on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

The Black Minnow is a good lure. It will account for many pollack and wrasse and is a proven bass catcher. Personally I would not use the BM for pollack or wrasse as the lure is not tough enough and will not last the pace - It is an expensive lure after all.
    In terms of bass - BM has a lovely tail action and also has a side to side wobble that tends to get bass going - this comes from its softness.

Fiiish are a Brittany based company. The BM was their first offering. French bass anglers are some of the best around.
    BM is an articulated jig head with an offset hook that is rigged weedless. In this sense it is not revolutionary but it was the first time that a lure was packaged perfectly. Articulated heads are an excellent way of presenting soft plastic lures as the head allows for far more lure movement.

If bass are feeding there would attack anything that resembles grub - any lure will do. If there is less bass around then the competition is less and therefore the fish are more choosy. In times like this you will always reach for the lure that you have most confidence in. The BM is one of these lures for me.

That said, the best selling bass lure in France last year was the Illex Nitro Shad and I would not want to be without a few of these in my box too. And of course there is the Nitro Spring... and ...and ... it goes on!

Here is the Black minnow in action casting:
    http://www.topfisher.eu/black-minnow-bass/

• Advertisement

The Black Minnow is a good lure. It will account for many pollack and wrasse and is a proven bass catcher. Personally I would not use the BM for pollack or wrasse as the lure is not tough enough and will not last the pace - It is an expensive lure after all.
    In terms of bass - BM has a lovely tail action and also has a side to side wobble that tends to get bass going - this comes from its softness.

Fiiish are a Brittany based company. The BM was their first offering. French bass anglers are some of the best around.
    BM is an articulated jig head with an offset hook that is rigged weedless. In this sense it is not revolutionary but it was the first time that a lure was packaged perfectly. Articulated heads are an excellent way of presenting soft plastic lures as the head allows for far more lure movement.

If bass are feeding there would attack anything that resembles grub - any lure will do. If there is less bass around then the competition is less and therefore the fish are more choosy. In times like this you will always reach for the lure that you have most confidence in. The BM is one of these lures for me.

That said, the best selling bass lure in France last year was the Illex Nitro Shad and I would not want to be without a few of these in my box too. And of course there is the Nitro Spring... and ...and ... it goes on!

Here is the Black minnow in action casting:
    http://www.topfisher.eu/black-minnow-bass/

Seen that video before did you film it?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Seen a few of your vids alright...some nice fishing :)

Advertisement