Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCJA Advice

Options
  • 27-02-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I've been studying for the OCJA the past while. I've been using the "OCA Java SE 7 Programmer I Study Guide (Exam 1Z0-803) (Oracle Press)" by Finnegan/Liguori book which was recommended to me. I've run through the book twice now and did reasonably well in the practice tests in the book.

I've signed up to the Whizlabs sample tests online however maybe it's down to me not understanding the material as much as I think I do, however a lot of the questions on these Whizlabs sample tests do not seem to have been covered in the Study Guide book.

I've just checked out another book: "Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE7 Programmer Study Guide" by Reese, however this book seems to contain even less material than the other book.

Does anyone have any experience of either of these books or Whizlabs? Any recommendations of how I can fill the gaps in my knowledge to get a decent mark in the Whizlabs exams.

Thanks!

Advertisement