Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Store recommendations?

Options
  • 27-02-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭

I finally got decent broadband so now I'm able to download games fairly quick.

So I'm just wondering does anyone have any recommendations for good games on the PS Store? I'm on the PS3, by the way.

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Get PS Plus subscription and download your free games every month ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Demon's Souls
    Journey
    Flower
    Flow
    Super Stardust HD
    Okami
    Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

J. Marston wrote: »
    I finally got decent broadband so now I'm able to download games fairly quick.

So I'm just wondering does anyone have any recommendations for good games on the PS Store? I'm on the PS3, by the way.

Thanks for any tips.

Well the Mass Effect 3 DLC is on sale at the moment for good prices. I'm enjoying returning to the game.

Also the best game on PSN is WipeOut HD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also the best game on PSN is WipeOut HD.

Journey says you're wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tomd983

THere is a blockbuster sale on at the minute with some great titles. Personally I would recommend anything in the Mass effect section and the borderlands section of the sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Journey says you're wrong :P

Never played it. Still in the shrink wrap on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Never played it. Still in the shrink wrap on the shelf.

post-31529-italian-spiderman-surprised-sh-l7H4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Get Hotline Miami. I got it on sale for €2.49 recently. Brilliant brilliant game, very addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I second Flower and Ico if you're looking for something that isn't an action shooter. Both are great experiences. There's a bunch of PSN games I keep hearing about that I've not got around to trying: Braid, Guacamelee, Limbo, Unfinished Swan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thanks for all the recommendations. Had Ico and SOTC already, both brilliant.

Got Journey, what a lovely little game. Have my eye on a few others like Wipeout, Limbo and Braid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Starhawk, Dead Space 3, FC3 Blood Dragon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Get PS Plus subscription and download your free games every month ;)

How much is this and how many games can you download, are there any other benefits to it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

shamrock55 wrote: »
    How much is this and how many games can you download, are there any other benefits to it

€50 for a year but you can find cheap offers sometimes online, any discounted games you buy are yours to keep any free games last as long as your sub, it can be hit and miss but is definitely worth the money overall based on the cumulative games acquired.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

As well as the above it's a great way to prepare for your next purchase.
    For example for ages I just had the PS3 - but I still "bought" all the free Vita games. Eventually when I got a vita towards the end of last year I had a reasonably large back catalog of games to play. You could use the same logic with PS4 - "buy" these on the internet store and that way if you ever upgrade to a PS4 (or down to a PS3) again you have a wealth of games to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Taltos wrote: »
    As well as the above it's a great way to prepare for your next purchase.
    For example for ages I just had the PS3 - but I still "bought" all the free Vita games. Eventually when I got a vita towards the end of last year I had a reasonably large back catalog of games to play. You could use the same logic with PS4 - "buy" these on the internet store and that way if you ever upgrade to a PS4 (or down to a PS3) again you have a wealth of games to choose from.

Do that too, buy everything on psn+ and its there if you want it later

Advertisement