Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco now accepting Dunnes coupons

Options
  • 27-02-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

This should shake up the market & be good for the consumer (even short term. Be interesting to see what Dunnes come back with (of course they might withdraw them fully for some time)

pV14CFg.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I bet it won't apply to petrol...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

deelite wrote: »
    I bet it won't apply to petrol...

I guess you can please some of the people all of the time, etc...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Only in Dublin for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Be great if you could still keep the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Be great if you could still keep the voucher

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

I understand this was on trial in a few stores. Do all Tesco stores in Dublin accept Dunnes/Supervalue vouchers? Or just the bigger stores? Thx! Does it apply for online shopping?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dublin99 wrote: »
    I understand this was on trial in a few stores. Do all Tesco stores in Dublin accept Dunnes/Supervalue vouchers? Or just the bigger stores? Thx! Does it apply for online shopping?

Its a newspaper ad and doesn't mention any restrictions - but I doubt its for online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wonder how quickly dunnes could switch to re-printable e-vouchers with a single use barcode...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bobbyn

Tesco are only accepting the coupons that are Save €x when you spend €x. Not cash vouchers or money off coupons for products. In store in Waterford with leaflets and promotion signage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It would be better if Tesco actually matched the prices of the likes of Lidl. 8 pack of Jacobs salted crackers are €1.99 in Lidl, but they are €3.09 in Tesco. Tesco has a significantly better buying power, but is far more expensive. Unless Tesco starts trimming its ridiculous margins, Ill still be shopping in Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Would rather spend my vouchers in a shop that offers real good value. I find Dunnes much better these days, they've revamped most of their stores and their range is way better than it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I emailed tesco looking for a list of the participating stores on Sunday. Still no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Used our Supervalu vouchers in Tesco the other day. €8 off €50. We wouldn't do a full shop in Supervalu so it was great to be able to use the voucher in Tesco. We'll do the same for the next few weeks. If Dunnes had sent us vouchers I wouldn't use them in Tesco because they're priced so similarly that there's no point. Supervalu is just that bit more expensive so it made sense to use their vouchers in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

subway wrote: »
    wonder how quickly dunnes could switch to re-printable e-vouchers with a single use barcode...

good one subway!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Princess Mia

It's in tesco in Ballinasloe too :)

Advertisement