Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Starting XV

Options
  • 27-02-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

A little late but the rumour of Vince buying Newcastle led to a possible wrestling Newcastle team. But the team was far too big and I thought maybe a starting GAA 15 would be a good idea until I realised a rugby team is even better. So here is mine:

1. Samoa Joe
    2. Devon Dudley
    3. Bubba/Bully Ray

This trio to beat up the other front row.

4+5. Brothers of Destruction

Both are tall, while also athletic.

6. Roman Reigns

His tackling is immense.

7. Randy Orton

Old style poacher of the ball while Reigns tackles.

8. Brock Lesnar

Carrying the ball. Nothing else needed.

9. Cm Punk

Cocky, never shuts up, complements his out-half

10. Daniel Bryan

Goes about his business efficiently, huge work-rate

11. Rey Mysterio

Pace and footwork.

12. Wade Barrett

Ball carrying centre to bash up the centre.

13. AJ Styles

Physicality for the job, athleticism for the job. BOD-type.

14. Justin Gabriel

He's from SA I think, have to have one from Tri-Nations

15. Sheamus

Huge right foot, strong in the air, joins the attack late with momentum and terror in the eyes of opponents.

Replacements:
    16. Rhyno
    To replace Devon, he brings energy around the field.

17. Mark Henry
    Terrible technique, other props can't move him though.

18. Big E
    Pushing hard for a start.

19. Bobby Roode
    Comes on as a 4th back-rower while replacing a lock.

20. HHH
    Can hardly leave him out. Best for business

21. John Cena
    Replaces sometimes erratic Punk with assurance.

22. Chris Jerico
    Comes on with Cena, mixes sublime with awful.

23. Jeff Hardy
    Can provide that spark with 20 to go all across the back.

Who would you have?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Front Row: Samoa Joe and 3MW (Rosie & Jamal aka Umaga)

what can I say they have the build of 3 lads who could play in the front row and the Samoan thing works in their favour as a unit as far as the simplistic working of my brain goes brains.

2nd Row: The Brothers of Destruction, Undertaker and Kane

Again it's my simple mind putting these two together but they are two big strong tall lads who would work well together and be pack leaders.

Flankers: Roman Reigns & Rhyno

Reason: Gore Gore Gore! ; not sure if much more is need but they would be mobile and hit damn hard

Number 8: Goldberg

Another who can spear a man into the ground but he could be a good ball carrier from the back of the scrum too

Scrum Half: Rey Mysterio

Smallest man on the pitch but often scrum halves (I used to be one) have that kinda Naplonianic complex of acting like a big man due to always being involved with the forwards so simply the moniker of "The Biggest Little Man" gets him the nod here

Out half: Daniel Bryan

quick, great mind for the sport, good kicker (at least to someones head... im sure it'd transfer over) and not afraid to mix it up against bigger lads in defense, could also cover scrum half when Mysterios knees give out

Centers: Antonio Cesaro & AJ Styles

Cesaro to me really looks like a Rugby player and he could be the physical beast bashing up the centre creating room for his more technical and creative center partner AJ Styles

Wingers: Jeff Hardy & Justin Gabriel
    Fancy jinkng pretty boys out on the wing including a south african who is good in the air and can cover full back if needed.

Full Back: Fandango

good in the air, great feet whether its returning kicks or dancing past defenders as part of the attacking line

Subs:

Mark Henry - probably too big for most front row combination but a John Hayes esque bull of a man that could out push most packs on his own
    John Cena /Sheamus / HHH- The utility men who could replace flankers, centers or no.8s among other position and have a huge impact when doing so (2/3 make the squad)
    Big E - if he wasn't so green and a little dangerous to have around the park he would be a starter, someone teach this lad the spear tackle
    Y2J - utility back who can cover Center or outhalf
    Randy Orton: good for a punt out of defense, fast and built so could play as a second kicking option in the center, cover full back or elsewhere
    Seth Rollins: I could see him as a winger and a direct replacement for the Simon Geoghan esque Hardy on the wing

reserves: all the folk I should have thought of before now like Bruiser Brody etc but am too lazy to add

Edit: Jaysus how did I forget Brock Lesnar!!

Advertisement