Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

128gb micro card

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's a pain though when the likes of Google-backed phones don't allow for this sort of expansion, yet provide sub-par capacity sizes. Let's hope what is an expensive luxury now becomes a cheap-ish option in a few years time, like the way SSD is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

Cydoniac wrote: »
    It's a pain though when the likes of Google-backed phones don't allow for this sort of expansion, yet provide sub-par capacity sizes. Let's hope what is an expensive luxury now becomes a cheap-ish option in a few years time, like the way SSD is going.[/Q
    UOTE]
    Yeah i think google is wanting everyone to use the cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Cydoniac wrote: »
    It's a pain though when the likes of Google-backed phones don't allow for this sort of expansion, yet provide sub-par capacity sizes. Let's hope what is an expensive luxury now becomes a cheap-ish option in a few years time, like the way SSD is going.

All Google services are cloud based. I'm not sure why you'd need to carry 128GB around with you on your phone, I do fine with 8GB and cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

All Google services are cloud based. I'm not sure why you'd need to carry 128GB around with you on your phone, I do fine with 8GB and cloud

O2, €10 for 750MB/month

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

32GB is plenty these days, massive storage is no longer required with unlimited data being more or less standard now and 4G having coverage for the majority of the population. You can stream your music from the cloud using spotify, google music, etc. Photos and videos are automatically backed up to the cloud from your device. Movies/TV can be streamed from Netflix or your local server using Plex. Having massive local storage is becoming less of an issue and for the majority of people it is not a requirement. But I don't see why they can't offer it as an option.

Amazon.com had a great deal on that SD card yesterday, $120. Not sure if it was only for yesterday, might still be as sale at that price.

Edit: Yip, still on sale but 2-3 weeks wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I don't like the idea of relying on digital lockers for music/movies etc. I know it's unlikely but what if google goes bust, or decides to shut down a particular service (like it has in the past many times) suddenly I'm without the things I paid for. Locally stored music will use less battery and zero data.

Currently have a 64gb card in my Xperia z1 and very happy with it. I can hold all the music I want to listen to and a high quality with a little space left over for CWM backups and videos.

Until Google opens its own phone network wherever I live where there's unlimited high speed data, and a device that has the battery power required, I'll always have a phone with external storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Chet T16 wrote: »
    O2, €10 for 750MB/month

I suppose everyone's situation is different but I have Wi-Fi at home and most places I frequent, even the pub. I look for Wi-Fi everywhere I go

Advertisement