Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo places in Limerick?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Where would people here recommend to get a tattoo.in town? Been all arooud and have it priced of but just wondering is there anywhere yed recommened massively or say steer well clear of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beenz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Where would people here recommend to get a tattoo.in town? Been all arooud and have it priced of but just wondering is there anywhere yed recommened massively or say steer well clear of?

Living art is probably around the longest. But Steve in hard knox is supposed to be good, friend got one from him. Look up Steve savage or living at on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

To be honest i wouldnt be getting too excited about any of the artists in Limerick. Karen Russell in Cork is fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I would avoid Living Art personally.

It all depends on what kind of tattoo you are getting.

If it's script then don't look at anyone other than Steve Savage in Hard Knox.

If it's traditional then Ross Nagle in All star is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Danny Bullman's in Thomas Street is pretty good. Tommy in there done a great job with my last tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Thanks a million guys :)
    Any idea of of the places want deposits(living art or allstar I'm thinking) and how much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Thanks a million guys :)
    Any idea of of the places want deposits(living art or allstar I'm thinking) and how much?

This is a strange question - ask the tattoo shops. It all depends on what you want. There generally isnt a going rate for a deposit, it all depends on the time slot they would need to put aside for the work you want done. Pick up the phone and call the shop you want it done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Parchment wrote: »
    This is a strange question - ask the tattoo shops. It all depends on what you want. There generally isnt a going rate for a deposit, it all depends on the time slot they would need to put aside for the work you want done. Pick up the phone and call the shop you want it done it.

Friend.of mine said they wanted a deposit or something..
    I wasnt too.sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Would highly recommend Living Art, have gotten 4 tattoos off of Damien in there and they have all been excellent quality, reasonable prices and they are all dead on.
    Give a ring and ask about a deposit, could be as little as €10 or €20 or anything higher that you would want to pay off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Only place in Limerick to go is Allstar tattoo! The lads Ross and Paul are both awesome artists and can pretty much cover any style you want between them! The staff are all friendly and helpful and there is a nice relaxed feel in the shop!! The shop also has a massive reputation globally and the lads bring over some of the worlds most renowned artists on regular basis!! I have a lot of tattoos and very high standards! i would be hard pushed to go to another shop!!

No one on here can give you an idea on price! there are so many variables to consider! Call in and they will sort you out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I booked in with All Star Ink today and the deposit was €50 which will come off the cost of the tattoo! Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Damien did mine as well. Very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Parchment wrote: »
    To be honest i wouldnt be getting too excited about any of the artists in Limerick. Karen Russell in Cork is fantastic.

She really is.

Would rate her and also the guys at Tattoo Zoo in Cork very highly.

Have had quite a bit of work done or touched up in Cork over the past five or six years, and have never regretted heading there to have it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Warlock45

Ross Nagle Allstar best in Ireland ull pay a lot even for a small piece there though...Paul bullman of Bullmans tattoo is a great artist and priced well and he's a sound dude...don't particularly like hard Knox his line work isn't great on tattoos but his script is solid...they look for deposits so you don't book and then bitch out the day before leaving them with a four/five hour slot open therefore losing them money...Ross and Paul of Allstar and Paul and Stewart of Bullmans are all great artists in their own right..each there own solid style...REMEMBER Cheap tattoos ain't good and good tattoos ain't cheap!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Id reccomend Karen Smith (Karen Cheetah) in Tipperary Town. Excellent artist doing a coverup for me atm, I believe Karen Russel was who she trained under. Absolutely fantastic artist

Advertisement