Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you leave behind

Options
  • 26-02-2014 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

2moro 1pm on scfy

The best series

The best last episode

No game of poker at the end, but still...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm not sure there's ever been a finale that i've loved more, and having watched it a few days ago, it still stands up extremely well. Q, as always, was fantastic. And considering how Encounter at Farpoint went, it was a perfect conclusion to a fantastic series.

5 card stud, nothing wild...and the skies the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm not sure there's ever been a finale that i've loved more, and having watched it a few days ago, it still stands up extremely well. Q, as always, was fantastic. And considering how Encounter at Farpoint went, it was a perfect conclusion to a fantastic series.

5 card stud, nothing wild...and the skies the limit.

Are you mixing up TNG with DS9 there? :) What you leave behind is the epic finale to DS9

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Is that the episode where the Founder orders Weyoun to exterminate the civilian population of Cardassia and his only response is "That...will take some time..."?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are you mixing up TNG with DS9 there? :) What you leave behind is the epic finale to DS9

Doh! Indeed i am. I did love the last few scenes of DS9 though. The scenes from everyons past, and the music, with the final view of the station moving further and further away. Brilliant stuff.

My original point is still valid (if off topic) though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

The angst of this .... hope the sky box doest mess up, and I can watch it when I get home!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

TNG has the only decent ending to a series in Star Trek

Voyager was wtf

DS9 was a bit meh

Enterprise, less said the better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Daith

IvySlayer wrote: »

I think "All Good Things" is a fantastic episode. I think it's a better episode than "What You Leave Behind".

However I think WYLB is the better ending to a series. It wraps up the story that is DS9 while TNG is "and life goes on as normal".

IvySlayer wrote: »

Voyager was wtf

DS9 was a bit meh

Enterprise, less said the better

To be fair to enterprise the final series has some cracking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Yeah but TATV never happened... OK are we clear on this!!

I've still not seen the last season of Enterprise. I stopped after the alien nazis appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Doing yourself a bit of a disservice there. Ignore the first 2 and last episode and you have a very solid trek season

To be honest, i don't think i stopped because i didn't like it. I just vaguely remember missing the start of either the 3rd or 4th season, and i never went back. Think i didn't have decent internet at the time, and couldn't download it.

Will go back at some stage though.

The two mirror Universe episodes are excellent, and the borg episode is also top top notch

edit -> in fact those three episodes are probably up there in the top ten ST ever.

God damn...now i want to watch it again. I've way too much to watch already though.

1st world problems and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Kiith wrote: »
    I've still not seen the last season of Enterprise. I stopped after the alien nazis appeared.

You weren't alone. That was the brainless decision from the writers/show runners that ultimately killed Enterprise.

What followed however in the wake of that call was indisputably the best season of Enterprise and notwithstanding the final ep one of the most consistently high quality seasons in all of Trek. It's worth your time.

Just watched regeneration again today ..... excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I caught the final episode of Enterprise last night ("These are the voyages") and I'm still gobsmacked at how much of a disservice it does to both the series & the fans by the framing device that they use to tell the story. Even Voyager which I thought had a very weak finale at least remained a story about Voyager.
    Setting the story within the context of TNG episode "Pegasus", it made the focus of the episode on Riker's dilemma not about the Enterprise crew. Several of the Ent cast remarked about how unhappy they were with the final ep and even Frakes & Sirtis thought it was a mistake. Of course Berman & Braga still defended it.

I wasn't a huge fan of Enterprise though I did think it had potential and looking back on it I was sorry I didn't stick with the show as it definitely improved in later seasons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

also watched it last night and i have to say it does very much cheapen the ending which is a shame, i really liked Ent, but id say the ending left a very bad taste in the mouth of a lot of the actors.

Advertisement