Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Out?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 10:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

I'm from Cork and doing the Leaving this year, I was wondering who else is going to be moving out and how you will fund it?

I'm from Cork and my first choice is staying in Cork for Commerce but the problem is that I have to move out due to personal circumstances. Doing the LC in this house has been nigh impossible all year I need a break 😂
    To cut to the chase if I stay here the maintenance grant is cut down very low which means I mightn't be able to afford it, I'm currently working part time and will be taking time out from that for the exams but will 70 a week be enough and around the same from maintenance? Am I eligible for any other grants or subsidies ? AND I would like to know about student loans? Are they a bitch to pay off? Cripplingly bad like?!

On a separate note what are the best student accommodation complexes in Cork?

Sorry for the ramble I've been so worried lately its just crazy.... Anyone with any knowledge or who is doing the same please share!

I also have Galway down as number 2 and while I wouldn't mind moving I would prefer to stay here a lot more!

Anyone else feel like they've had to grow up ten years in a few months :L I swear I'm going grey!

Advertisement