Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you make your Prem League predictions?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 10:02pm

Is it on the basis of

1. Recent form, in the previous week or two?
    2. Position in league?
    3. Long term form over the space of a couple of months?
    4. World ranking?
    5. Previous head to head?
    6. Gut feeling?
    7. A combination of the above, or some other factor?

For me it's just kinda gut feeling. Maybe I should adopt a more scientific approach if I want to move out of mid table obscurity!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

7 :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's mostly just gut feeling for me as well as their current form. I sometimes fall into the trap of going by a players reputation like never predicting Newton to win or always predicting Taylor except when playing MvG. I almost never think too much about my predictions which isn't working out so good this season!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I sometimes fall into the trap of going by a players reputation like never predicting Newton to win or always predicting Taylor except when playing MvG.

Yeah, I think I say every week that Newton will lose. I'm not even that sure of his scores so far, and have thought of him as a strong player in a bigger field and a solid quarter finalist type in majors, it's just that the Prem League is populated by all the other fellows who fit that description too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Last year I had a great way of doing it. Seems like I've forgotten the knack this year...

Advertisement